1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Ruggedman

Ruggedman Member

When do.u guys think the next rrl sale will happen?

2. Michaelmarquez

Michaelmarquez New Member

I tried on the Officer Field Pant (chino) recently and was smitten. After looking for a nice chino for less than $100 for a while and coming up empty I am going to bite the bullet on these. I'm not anticipating they go on sale too often. Would love to be straightened out on that.

Motocross Pants Womens

3. Maybach

Maybach Member

I need some advise.. I bought some RRL Slim Straight once washed, then bought a pair of the olive RRL Slim's (supposed that they are slim boot-cut from research on this thread) and then recently picked up a pair of the slim-fit faded khaki that just were on sale. My question is, the slim straight is too wide down the legs, I am short 5' 8" with a 30" inseam. The olives are good in the thighs, and flare a little too much when wearing with a sneaker or driving moccasin..

Do the RRL slim-fit once washed fit pretty slim? I like a my pants to fit nicely around my ankles, and not bunch too much above my shoe. I want to pick up the slim-fit's but since I am 700 miles from the nearest store it is hard to try them on before buying them.. Any help and advise is appreciated!

4. Ghost01

Ghost01 Senior member

[​IMG]
    Any one else UK based going?

5. Farhad19620

Farhad19620 Senior member

I am UK based but did not get the invite! anyway meetings running until late tomorrow. I don't get any of there invites despite shopping myself and introducing and taking friends who are visiting from abroad and have spent thousands in their shops! Maybe that is exactly why they do not send me any discounts or invites! LOL, I think it is time to stop spending too much money there!

6. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Yea the slim fits are slim and tapered a bit. I found that the thighs on the slim fit is slightly looser than the slim bootcuts.

7. paul_s

paul_s Well-Known Member

silviob1999 has rigid officer chinos for 99 bucks in 31, 32 and 34. They seem to be the older 9 ounce ones.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

I have both the 9.23oz and 11.? oz rigid officer chino in 28, I would definitely buy it if it were my size.

9. Sym

Sym Senior member

Thanks, I was looking to pick up another pair!

How noticeable is the difference between the 10.8 and 9.23 ounce?

I haven't tried on a RRL western shirt but I've heard they fit slimmer compared to the regular work shirts. Do shirts with these types of pockets (jack rabbit shirts?) also consistently fit slimmer than the work shirts?

[​IMG]

10. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

I had the 11.? ones and the 9.23oz ones, the 9.23oz ones is in Taiwan (I don't use it anymore due to exploding pen, ink stain...) so can't compare the side by side. The wave is denser on the 11.? something ones, though I was just as happy about the 9.23oz ones.

11. superego

superego Senior member

any thoughts on selvedge officer chino sizing?

12. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I can't comment on the selvedge officer chinos, but every other RRL pants I've owned were VERY vanity sized. I wear a tagged 28 and the actual waist measurement is around 31-32".

13. superego

superego Senior member

14. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I don't know if they align the waist when they take their measurements and that doesn't take into account the stretching that happens with wear.

15. superego

superego Senior member

stretch is a separate issue, would think the measurement is straight forward though...emailed context, we'll see what they say

16. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Maybe it has changed but both my pair were vanity size by 2 (i.e. true waist 30, buy 28)

17. sazon

sazon Senior member

+1

my 2 pairs were approx 1.5 inch vanity sized, which then stretched a bit on top of that.

18. Ghost01

Ghost01 Senior member

I only get the invites from the PR team and not from the store. But i'd make yourself known to the staff in Mount Street, especially Jude or Guilio who are great guys. They'd be happy to put you on the mailing list for these kind of things.

19. paul_s

paul_s Well-Known Member

20. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member