1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Wish you luck on making a friend at outlets.

2 people like this.
  2. urbanwoodsman

urbanwoodsman Senior member

The West Broadway and Bleeker stores recently got a chain-stitch sewing machine, but I'm not sure about other RRL stores.

3. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Why don't you exchange for a larger size one?

4. urbanwoodsman

Gift from in-laws in Denmark...without the receipt.

5. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

wow. You must have a really close relationship with your in-law.

I wonder how they're priced in Europe. Is there any difference between USA models?
    Care to share some photos?

6. urbanwoodsman

Yeah, I can share a photo. It was a gift for getting into medical school and my birthday. In my experience, they appear to be the same.

7. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

I heard one time from associate at Melrose store that company produce slightly different product when they send it to foreign market.

I just wanted to see if that is true. I heard the fabrics are different, tags are different and some other details. I might be wrong.

8. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Urbanwoodsman can you share a photo of your Boss jeans that you scored for $107? I have not seen many good photos online outside of denimbros, and was hoping you could share some detailed photos.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  9. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

urban, may be keen on the jeans if the price is right?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  10. Ghost01

Ghost01 Senior member

The only difference in the product is the internal tagging for the EU and Asian markets to comply with local laws. There did used to be some different product for Asia but this is now brought inline with other territories since Asia was brought back from license.

i buy from both the London store and NY stores and there is no difference - except for the pricing.

11. urbanwoodsman

Yeah, just shoot me a message. I'm not trying to hustle them or anything.

I'll post pics of them after I take care of some work today, and I'll also post pics of the "Boss Jeans."

12. urbanwoodsman

Yeah, just shoot me a message. I'm not trying to hustle them or anything.

I'll post pics of them after I take care of some work today, and I'll also post pics of the "Boss Jeans."

13. urbanwoodsman

As promised, here are some pictures of the Slim-Fit RRL Jeans purchased by my in-laws from Denmark. I added a pair of RRL jeans I've wearing over the last 18 months for comparison purposes. I'll pics of the "Boss Jeans" when I get a little more time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. RRL CLOTHING

Your inlaws shop at outlets? Because those SF are from the recent outlet purge. Ask me how I know.

15. urbanwoodsman

No idea. I generally don't ask when I receive a gift, and I don't know that they were purchased at an outlet. (Also, I don't know the difference between an outlet product and a non-outlet product.) That said, I will take your word for it.

16. sazon

sazon Senior member

how do you know?

17. RRL CLOTHING

This has been the waistband tag of all RRL jeans for the past ~2 years.

[​IMG]

The outlets have been putting out tons of SF Rigids and some Boss jeans for about 2-3 weeks now. The SF are all old stock, with old tags and $210-220 MSRP. Certainly not a EU market RRL product.

18. sazon

sazon Senior member

Pretty astute. Thank you.

19. urbanwoodsman

Good to know. Let me ask you a question. I purchased a pair of slim-bootcuts from an outlet store in upstate New York about 7 months ago, and they have the tag pictured above. Does RRL actively change the tags on outlet products, or do they leave them as is?

20. RRL CLOTHING

They don't touch the tags as far as I know.

Sometimes outlets get new products that are currently for sale in stores (overstock), past season, or old stock that is 3-4 years old that they will accumulate from season to season (usually Icon stuff) that they will put out all at once every few seasons once they run out of space in the stockroom.

I have been traveling a lot the past few weeks. Cali and FL outlets are dry now, but Woodbury has RRLs these past few weeks.