• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried on the slim fit garment dyed chinos? Curious as to how they compare to the officers... Are they just a tapered version with the same top block?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
one of these things is not like the other...

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope. Mislabeled. Bootcut all the way. Wife loves em so I guess they stay

Last edited:

pelican

Reaction score
can't say I'm very pleased with rrl or it's staff right now. Think they just lost a customer
angry.gif

mikeharo

Reaction score
Oh come on - you can't just leave us hanging like that - tell us what happened....I'm not a fan of RL customer service, in particular the Walnut St Philly store.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

can't say I'm very pleased with rrl or it's staff right now. Think they just lost a customer :angry:

Oh come on - you can't just leave us hanging like that - tell us what happened....I'm not a fan of RL customer service, in particular the Walnut St Philly store.

I really don't want to hear it, or read into some sob story

My experience at RL:

I am always looked after in the store, someone always available to answer questions or help me into a fitting room,etc..., returns are utterly painless

When there is a problem with a purchase they always provide me ample solutions, and in events that there is a legitimate reason for me to complain about something they usually give me a gift card, not mention the random gift cards they'll send me (once one for $25 for RL stores and once $50 to be used at a Factory store, and then some other misc ones).

They adjusted the price of my last order when the 25% deal came - since I bought the items before the sale since it would've sold out when sale started.

Even as a tween they were nice to me, especially when it did not look like I was carrying any serious cash to purchase anything, mainly based on my age.

Robert on this thread is an amazing fella, he helps everyone on SF and continues to even if the person hadn't made a recent purchase through him (last time I bought something from him was 10 months ago, and he still helps me and responds to my emails) Every employee I have spoke with, even Corporate, has been very nice and willing to listen and be friendly. A Senior HR employee in NY responded to an email and spoke to me about RL jobs after I graduated. He was busy, but was able to spend over 15 min talking to me about careers in retail/apparel industry, and he had no obligation to even respond to my email - which was really just out of the blue.

Last edited:

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RL has been good to me, other than their computer system error which hasn't released my funds from a cancelled order. other that the human staff are great.

Opermann

Reaction score
RL staff has always been pretty top-notch in my experience. Don't let one bad experience ruin it for you.

pelican

Reaction score
I returned something by fedex and it's been a month and a half with no refund. Needless to say we will see how it turns out, but i'm getting my credit card company involved.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Recent RRL Haul: Thoughts & Observations

Vintage Burgundy Officer Chinos

I am a sucker for Officer chinos. The pic on the website makes them look much better. I am in the market for a pair of Burgundy pants but these like too brown for my tastes. Sending them back tomm.

Fair Isle Shawl Cardigan

I missed out on last years and have been kicking myself since. I really dig this sweater and will def be keeping it. My only complaint is that it is very thin. I was expecting a much chunkier knit.

Still waiting on the Piece Dyed Canvas Work Pants. I will have these Tuesday.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads