1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. urbanwoodsman

urbanwoodsman Senior member

Not sure what the situation is with the Pink Pony Foundation discount this time around, but the Selvedge Chinos are carried throughout most of the year. It's one of their "staples." Also, if anyone checks out J.Crew every so often, you will be able to see the "Wallace & Barnes Selvedge Chinos," which are essentially modeled after the RRL ones, yet more expensive.

2. sazon

sazon Senior member

I am signed up for emails and never got these! Guess I'll re-sign up. I lost out on some nice stuff due to this.

3. vcof2005

vcof2005 Member

I have a question and I've gone through about 200+ pages and searched it but can not find the answer. I normally wear a 32x32 in most of my denim. I keep finding deals on 32x34, would I be making a bad decision buying a 32x32. This question is specifically for the Low Straight and the Slim Fits denims.

4. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

I would get them hemmed.

I mean if you can find great deals on 34 inseams, why not spend another $10-$15 on hemming them properly?

5. stevent

stevent Senior member

This and the inseam length varies regardless of the tagged measurement

6. vcof2005

vcof2005 Member

Thank you very much.

7. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

Seems like in years past they made it pretty clear on the website when the sale would end. Not this time.

8. doctorman

doctorman Senior member

this is what i did with my RRL at 50% off. i took them to the mansion and had them hemmed for free (plus a free garment bag). i'd say for straights there wouldn't be much difference because the lowest 4-6 inches are pretty much the same diameter.

9. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

I thought they do free hemming only if you buy items at full price?

10. doctorman

doctorman Senior member

that's generally true and i didn't find out about that until recently. my experience has been that for most places you can work it out as long as you ask nicely. for my jeans, however, they were shipped with their original tags without any evidence that i got them on sale (unless they inspect the receipt). what really surprised me was that they even gave me a free garment bag when i picked them up - that's gotta be the best garment bag i've ever had.

11. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Did they not ask to see proof of purchase and check the details? I was under the impression they look carefully at stuff like that to avoid giving free hem jobs to anyone who shows up with RRL jeans they found at outlet, ebay, or wherever.

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

I've taken worn clothing to RL and they still hem it just fine

Most people don't get rrl at outlets like you do

13. RRL CLOTHING

Yeah you're right nobody buys from outlets except us reseller vultures but a good percentage buy it at 40-70% off during clearance events so they have to be weary of most customers.

If you have a receipt with full purchase price showing you purchased from store within a certain time frame, then I guess it would be fine even if it is worn. But at 50% off or no receipt, I don't think they will do free hemming, but I could be wrong.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  14. doctorman

doctorman Senior member

i think this look-carefully impression varies from SA to SA. i've had multiple SA's from different stores telling me they'd "take care of it" even though the item is clearly on sale. the w. broadway staff is awesome. the mansion is a bit hit and miss and perhaps even a bit pretentious and judgmental sometimes. but i think the key is really just to ask nicely and smile a lot.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  15. doctorman

doctorman Senior member

well they clearly did two pairs of jeans for me at the mansion for free. and i paid 50% off the sticker price - that i know for sure as well, since i'd never pay retail for RRL. i guess i just got lucky, but i could swear that the w. broadway RRL staff would have done it also even if they knew the items were on sale.

i'd like to think perhaps it's my sincerity of trying to purchase an expensive item? or maybe it's the way i ask? or maybe i just keep running into nice people (which is rare, in NYC).

speaking of outlet products, i routinely shop at the camarillo and cabazon outlets in california and have never had any luck with any decent RRL products. weird...

16. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

I see...

Not a single outlet in California carry RRL anymore. All those left overs are at NY for some reason.

17. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Does RRL hem with a chainstitch or regular lockstitch?

18. RRL CLOTHING

Well not to get into too much about reseller "logistics" a lot of resellers hit up those outlets everyday. Try Woodbury when you're back in NY. Most of the time there isn't much RRL and then one weekend they will suddenly put out 500 pairs of raw/rinse jeans over the span of a few days.

19. doctorman

doctorman Senior member

boy, i never asked. at the time of my hemming, i didn't even know what they were and today i still can't tell the difference. i did re-attach the original "cuffs" which was pretty cool.

20. doctorman

doctorman Senior member

thanks. that's good to know. maybe i'll give them a call and make a friend or two there so i can get notified about their new stocks.