1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Wizard Swears

Wizard Swears Well-Known Member

She found it in a storage locker she bought at one of those auctions. I don't know much more than that other than it was found in Louisiana. It's in great condition with only a couple minor stains (#2 pencil lead or smaller) on the left chest.

Alright, you got me. I should have known better than to ask about price/value. A better posed question would have been "can anyone give me more information on this".

2. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

No worries, I just wanted to know if it was slim fit or slim boot. I saw a pair of slim boot ropers on ebay so I'm guessing Roper comes in slim fit AND slim boot.

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

yo any of the resellers have officer chinos, 32 waist?

4. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

If you wanted to sell it, then my recommendation would be to put it on eBay (with accurate measurements) with a low starting price. I wouldn't be surprised if it went for somewhere between $100 - $200. RRL Clothing is correct though - something like this could sell for nothing at all, or for a load if you have 2 people who really want it.

5. AnFinsceal

AnFinsceal Member

hey, sorry to bring this up again but if there is anyone who could provide the pit-to-pit measurments for the workshirts from last season in sizes S and XS, or give me an idea of how much the size actually differs, I would be very grateful. Thanks!

6. rrlgambler

rrlgambler Senior member

Nice find, apparently I moved to slow and since have already sold. He suggested I buy these instead,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...5246429&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT#ht_624wt_1124

Are there any real differences between these and the one's that just sold other than the buttons for the braces? The denim looks different.

7. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

The denim probably is different. The ones that sold may have been Japanese denim, whereas the ones he's suggesting are American Cone. Every time I've handled Cone denim I've been disappointed so I would avoid his suggestion (but that's just me).

I could be wrong, but I believe the ones that sold are the straight leg version of a slim fit buckle back which I have (R21's), which are amazing - really hairy, slubby Japanese denim. I know that a season after the slim fits were released, they released a straight leg version made from the same Japanese denim, and these look similar. Again, I could be very wrong.

1 person likes this.
  8. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

^ Yeah the new rigid overalls suck compared to the last ones.

The ones from last year were Japanese denim and Slim Fit.

These new ones popping up on ebay are all Straight Leg of Cone denim.

You can distinguish them from the MSRP, which is now $300 down from $340.

9. wHeReSmYeNcOre

wHeReSmYeNcOre Member

10. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

Those Boss limited edition buckle backs were the best raw jeans RRL ever made. There's no comparison with the buckle backs he's suggesting. However, those other one's are really nice as well and are def worth the price he's asking (maybe he'll cut a better deal on them).

Unfortunately they are in just not comparable to the Boss of the Road denim. They are truly unique. So many RRL SA's snapped them up as soon as they were released.

11. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

It makes me wonder how stuff like that even ends up at outlets.

The problem with Silvio is he buys all the denim at outlet prices for $45-60, so he prices everything $210, regardless if the MSRP is $300 or $500.

$210 for the Boss jeans was a steal. $210 for the Cone bucklebacks is meh, since they were all over the SH sale and ebay for the past few months.

12. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

I know that a season after the slim fits were released, they released a straight leg version made from the same Japanese denim, and these look similar. Again, I could be very wrong.

I think those were the R27 cotton / linen blend, straight leg buckle backs. Also great. Very slubby Japanese fabric that looked and felt a lot like SC 40105 Okinawa's.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  13. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

i have a pair similar to silviob and mine say made in china :paranoia:

14. Sam Rothstein

Sam Rothstein New Member

Deleted Post

15. rrlgambler

rrlgambler Senior member

You were correct these are of the Cone variety. He posted another pic of the inside pocket which reads Made In the US of the Finest American Woven Selvedge Denim. Bummer
    I blew it with Sil, we agreed to 190 shipped and I balked. Serves me right for dicking around....

Are these the ones you are speaking of?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/rrl-double-...191081?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&hash=item27d5e3a769

These are similar to the ones that sold, but with a few subtle differences. The ones that sold the attached white label at the top reads R27 but these read lot R36.

Here is the link to the pair that sold for reference...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Laure...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

16. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

Are these the ones you are speaking of?  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/rrl-double-...191081?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&hash=item27d5e3a769

No. The blended R27's were from their RRL Overalls line. Japanese blue line selvedge, loose weave denim made from a 86/14% cotton/linen blend. They look to be natural dyed as well. They have a deer skin patch and all the bells and whistles that the Overall buckle backs have. They are very, very slubby. Wear and fit great. You can occasionally find washed/worn versions for sale.

17. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I want those jeans with the cinch and suspender buttons so bad. Is that a style they release often?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  18. ec123456

ec123456 Active Member

How's the stock in terms of variety and larger sizes at the Flagship store at Madison? Passing by NY for a day, and its much closer to my hotel than the downtown RRL only stores

19. Lord Nick

Lord Nick Senior member

Go to the store on W Broadway they have a huge selection and great staff. I found the store on madison lacking compared to w broadway and there was one associate who spent the whole time on the phone.

20. cincikid

cincikid Senior member

Interesting, I went to the store on Madison last Sunday, and there was just one associate (an Asian looking guy), who spent all the time I was there on the phone. I was pretty pissed and thought I would complain, but then I gave up. Now I am tempted to call them and formally complain--that's pretty unacceptable.

Fwiw, there was a lot less stuff compare to the RRL Bleeker street store.