1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. LBC Demon

LBC Demon Well-Known Member

I wear a Custom fit Large in PRL shirts. What size shirt should I get for RRL? I have tried on some sweaters from RRL and Medium is what I liked. Thanks.

2. superego

superego Senior member

You're welcome.

3. superego

superego Senior member

I mean, based on these two posts alone, and common sense, quality is obviously slightly subjective.

Price for RRL items is less about quality of construction for me than quality of details. You simply don't see the attention to detail with a lot of the RRL stuff elsewhere (makes sense, given it's Ralph Lauren's baby).

That said, fit still trumps all, so great construction and details doesn't mean a thing if the fit isn't good (still default to RL polos because they fit me so well even with potentially better quality options).

Haven't owned any Unis pieces, but in my experience W+H quality is prob in the same ballpark as RRL stuff, just not as interesting in most cases.

It's all a trade off between fit, construction, details, and cost; just a matter of deciding what you care most about.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  4. LBC Demon

Thanks but I wear Large shirts and Medium sweaters in PRL. The neck is too small on medium PRL shirts for me.

5. stickshift

stickshift Senior member

If you wear medium sweaters in RRL then you're also a medium in shirts.

6. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Interestingly I wear an XL in sweaters and a L (sometimes M) in flannels. L in button-downs.

7. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

In my experience, I wear an XL in most RRL shirts, and PRL custom fit in XL fits me best.

8. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

Just bought this from sixfeetunderrecords on ebay (not sure if he's a member here).
    But this piece is unmarked, possibly a limited edition. Does anyone know when/where this was sold?
    It's a rope keychain

[​IMG]

9. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

he's a reputable member here - Dave SFU

10. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

:fonz: Wish i knew it was you, i could have sent you my email on here alot easier haha

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  11. ffatt

ffatt Senior member

Hi fellas,

Has anybody seen RRL western denim shirts on sale in this type of color. Size Medium

[​IMG]

Or if you have one to sell in RRL, LVC or other, please let me know as well.

Cheers,

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  12. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

It's official... I search RRL XS on ebay so often, they decided to make my name a related search term:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. ExhibitA

ExhibitA Senior member

Anyone pick up the RRL Dixon Varsity jacket yet?

14. 00bam

00bam Senior member

with the officer field chinos those are a staple type of thing and what i mean is its always in season year round forever going to be there?...and also if i call a store i can order them if they dont have the size on the site? thanks

15. LBC Demon

Yes the Officer Field Chinos are year round. Yeah you can call the store and get them.

1 person likes this.
  16. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

haha ya, sorry man.
    I know for the future!

17. gnu

gnu Senior member

Driving from SF to LA this weekend, anyone stopped by Camarillo or Gilroy lately? Wondering if they would be worth the effort.

18. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

I am sure this has been asked before but what is the difference between the slim straights RIGID on sale and the new slim fit straights RIGID? Is it just the denim used or the fit as well?

19. iotan

iotan Senior member

I was told it is just the denim. I think the ones on sale are more of a lighter, summer weight denim.

1 person likes this.
  20. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

I stopped by Camarillo on the my way down for the weekend of the 4th and they did not have any RRL. I talked to a couple employees and they said they haven't gotten any in a long time.