1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

As previously stated, and unless they've changed sizing, the 501 is significantly smaller than a RRL straight in the same size, in a 36 at least. The 501 has a lower rise, more taper and less thigh room. I need to get a 34 RRL straight, and I'm pretty certain they'll fit no problem. A 34 501, OTOH, would barely get over my ass. I would say that for a RRL straight in the same fit, buy one size down from your 501 size. That should be close enough. Obviously, I can't generalize across all sizes, AND my RRL straight are the old arcuates.

1 person likes this.
  2. dastig

dastig Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Preview of Kids RRL. We just got some in our childrens dept. for the fall. Will only be between 2T and 7. They didnt want to do bigger boy sizes because it would be to close to a mens xs and small. These jackets are both made in the usa to the same standards as the mens. Price for these are 250 and 275. We will be getting more later this week.

3. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Hmmm... Not sure what to think about this tbh.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  4. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

With children's Polo it was only a matter of time until they made RRL crap for kids.

5. Sym

Sym Senior member

How many versions of the RRL peacoat are there 100% wool, wool/synthetic, and brass button one?

Can anyone comment on the fit?

6. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

Is this extra 40% sale the lowest this round will go?

7. brianoh

brianoh Senior member

How would you guys rate the construction of RRL apparel? I have 2 items, a pair of jeans and a shirt and to me they're constructed very well, I would say mid-upper tier, not quite up there with Real McCoy stuff, but closer to W+H. Thoughts?

8. stevent

stevent Senior member

Wings + Horns stuff is pretty crappy construction, my westpoints look terrible and have had seams busted from wear, RRLs look new

9. brianoh

brianoh Senior member

What would you say RRL's quality is on par with then? Debating whether to cop a pair of their skinny chinos or just go with Unis.

10. stevent

stevent Senior member

I would say RRL is for sure way better quality than w+h or unis

11. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Can't speak for W&H. My Unis chinos are amazing though, and definitely better quality than similar RRL. Construction and fit of Unis is spectacular assuming you like a slim fit.

12. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

There are some great deals on both the US and UK sites at the moment. On the UK side they have the regulation chinos in Olive at half price for some reason. Thought they were a stock item and I paid full price for a pair in store a couple of weeks back. Really loving the looser fit on them though.

Also noticed that they seem to be selling off Slim Fit rigid denim with a 32 inch inseam for some reason. The 34s are still full price but the 32s are down to £135. Had to double check at first as I thought it may have been the new slim straight in cone but I'm fairly certain it's the standard slim fit as it states that's it's made in the USA of imported fabrics.

13. slide13

slide13 Senior member

There are some great shirts at decent prices, especially if you're a large (I am). I just pretend spent $600 in about 5mins. Now to decide if I want to/can afford to follow through on any.

14. 00bam

00bam Senior member

why does the rrl site never seem to have many 33x30 denim?

15. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Did you guys notice on ebay all the listings now show the amount of Watchers? Pretty awesome bit of info that will help resellers for sure.

16. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Do the regulation chino and officer chino use the same fabric? Is one lighter weight or softer than the other?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  17. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Surprised this is new. Definitely makes sense.

18. LBC Demon

LBC Demon Well-Known Member

You definitely have to size down but I thought that was for every fit from RRL right? I size down two sizes on straight leg. Once sized down they are slimmer than 501's.

19. rrlgambler

rrlgambler Senior member

There is a flip side to that coin. It could also help buyers ascertain how much interest is in an item which might give them a little more leverage when trying negotiate a price with with little to no interest.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  20. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Woodbury just had a PSR only outlet store open up today. Prices are about 65% off retail right now