1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

interesting. exactly the same style as that indian head varsity from last year. does anyone know more about that "chain-stitch"? i think i posted in here a while back asking about it, supposedly its a really hard stitching process or something along those lines. i may be butchering the vernacular haha. they came out with a hat with the same patch which is available now, i wonder if they will do the same for this jacket.

funny its being sold in the summer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  2. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I'm 18th in line at the SH sale today. Going to be very surprised if there's anything decent left by now. Guess we'll see.

3. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

haha I guess you can tell me if it's still worth the trip then...

4. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

if something in 28 is still around, then I will try to check out around lunch time...

5. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I thought chain stitching was a pretty standard technique for embroidering those kind of patches.

That cat jacket is pretty sweet. I might have to get it..
    I passed on the Indian head one when it was in stores and then regretted it but managed to track one down on e-bay.
    But now I don't wear it for fear of being labelled a Redskins fan.

6. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Good to know! I figured there had to be some thought behind the years they use, just meant that I've seen similar in the past using different years, random was not the best word in retrospect.

Thanks for the info though, I like knowing the background when available.

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

Sale is 85% according to my bro with almost nothing left

8. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Sale was only 80% off unfortunately - was hoping for 85-90. Managed to grab a few things. There was a Chinese couple who must have been close to the front of the line who had a fucking mountain of stuff!

Oh, and hi Steve!

9. Trimalchio

Trimalchio Senior member

notice if there were any t-shirts in L left? trying to decide whether I trek up there...

10. stevent

stevent Senior member

Ah your right 80% off he misread. Got a pair of chinos in 31 will prob be too tight but couldn't pass up at these prices

11. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

anything still left at 28/small for RRL? how about 29/30 or 36/38, 14.5/15/small in RLBL/RLPL?

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

Bro is a 29 I think he bought a few things

13. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

14. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

hoit, good meeting you too man.

the "pit boss" cracked the whip today and limited ppl he deemed as resellers to 5 tops and 5 bottoms. japanese resellers were pissed, but there were a group of them so they still made out with a good haul.

15. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yeah if anyone bought some smalls and XS let me know... i may be interested

16. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Ha, you can buy as much as you want at 60-70% off, but when it hits 80% off they restrict people purely out of spite.

Restrictions are so pathetic and pointless, because all resellers show up in groups and are able to max out all their credit cards either way. Or they'll come back in a couple of hours since the place is so packed nobody will recognize them.

Was there even that much RRL left? Or were these the Polo asian resellers?

17. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

That Chinese couple may have fucked it for everyone. Think there might be changes a-commin' to future SH sales...

18. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Probably not, just when things hit 80% off they restrict resellers because people show up on the last day to get the deepest discounts and managers can't handle bourgeois with lots of money to spend, and are really only interested in helping more plebs get dream deals on overpriced designer garb so they come back next year.

At 60-70% off they let you buy as much as you want, with zero restrictions but at 80-85% it's 5 per customer? Surely SH knows being around since the 1980s that when a tour bus full of Asians shows up to buy tons and tons of crappy overstock, they are resellers overseas. That's what I hate most, how they change the rules as they see fit and make all kinds of assumptions.

Basically they are OKAY with resellers as long as they pay top dollar and not fire sale prices. This is why RRL stores don't have restrictions, because they rarely have anything more than 60-70% off. Why the hypocrisy? If you buy 100 items to resell at MSRP you are a great customer and everybody loves you and asks you to come back. If you buy 100 items at 80% off you are a scumbag and everybody gives you a hard time and delete your email from the computer so you don't get more coupons!

That's the beauty of being a low brow manager at a corporate clothing store/ discount event who wear the same 2 outfits to work everyday, you can make up new rules, discriminate, or make up exceptions whenever you feel like it and not be held accountable.

Either ban resellers from stores or don't bother them with pesky restrictions. First come first serve in my opinion.

19. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Actually the funny part is this I think I only saw RRL/Purple Label and Black Label this year...

20. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

hoit what were they wearing? was the woman in a vintage polo hoody green with orange?