1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. mfrege

mfrege Well-Known Member

Really? The weight on the one on the website isn't listed, so I'm not sure how beefy it is or isn't.

The cowboy rinsed buffalo denim shirts people were talking about here were from late 2012. I thought they started out by selling in store only, but then put them online. Did they make a whole new shirt just for online in 8 months or so (but looks essentially the same)?

I notice from the 600s of this thread that RandomKorean, El Duderino, Robert (I think), and Pocketsquareguy all bought one. Is the one online the same as what you guys got? The one online isn't selvadge. Did you guys get one with selvedge?

2. fischyyy

fischyyy Well-Known Member

3. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

10.8 oz, I thought someone said it had went down to 9.23oz this season, what's the wave number?

4. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Well-Known Member

seller has them on ebay for 169 http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-RRL-Ral...76746?pt=US_CSA_MC_Shirts&hash=item35c728586a in medium and xl

5. Froosh

Froosh Well-Known Member

They run kind of long too, my size L is 31" bottom of collar to hem.

6. captainshields

captainshields Well-Known Member

What time will the sale online go live tomorrow?
    For the winter one I didn't get it until 9am.
    I went on at 8 am for the last sale and half the stuff was gone already.

Could it start at midnight?

7. Transcendental

Transcendental Well-Known Member

I just bought a new pair of One Washed Low straights from Context this morning. They fit well, and they are like the namesake, a raw pair given a tumble and soak. They have chainstitched hems, just like the rigid, and are obviously selvedge. Back in my heyday I could tell you where each model had its denim sourced from, but given the new releases and slight redesigns and me being too busy to be a nerd, I don't know anymore.

8. captainshields

captainshields Well-Known Member

Sorry to post again about this...but I threw the card I got away a few days ago because I thought this was a regular sale.
    But is this one that needs a code?

9. stu00a

stu00a Well-Known Member

I don't think this sale requires code. It's probably seasons hard markdown. And clearance sale after months from now.

1 person likes this.
  10. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

anyone notice ed helm's jeans in hangover 3. look like RRL low straights

11. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

12. rrlgambler

rrlgambler Well-Known Member

Does anybody know how the "summer 1 " Inidian Cardigan Sweater runs? The auction I've seen says it measures 43" around the chest, which is strange considering its a XL. I typically wear an XL but it seems to me the XL wouldn't even fit me.

[​IMG]

13. boxdok

boxdok Well-Known Member

Anybody have this shirt? Any reviews. The shirt is on Sale for 250 and there are only 2 sizes left so I doubt it will get any cheaper. Trying to gain a general consensus if its worth 250.
    [​IMG]

14. Nemo004

Nemo004 Member

Have bought the shirt and it is well worth the money. The only issue i have is with matching it to something works well under brown or tan denim jacket, or brown, beige and subdued yellowish jackets. Bought it really to wear to the screening of the johnny depp lone ranger movie, going native for that one!! Ha ha. Nemo

1 person likes this.
  15. grundletaint

grundletaint Well-Known Member

Saw it at the store and would have been all over it but I really don't like how affected the repair details look. I'd get on it at a lower price, though.

16. Goodman

Goodman Well-Known Member

Looking for a little help. I tried a pair of the RRL rigid jeans (I think slim straight) and they fit pretty well but I have a question about sizing. The SA suggested I try the 32 X 30. The fit was perfect but that raised a question. I understand the need to size down in the waist as the denim will stretch out but when I questioned if I should size up in length to 32 X32 he said he wouldn't recommend it. He seemed to be saying they would stretch in length as well and as long as I washed them by soaking them in the tub and drip drying the length will remain perfect. I need to add I told him I was looking for a nice "clean fitting" pair of denim to dress up (which was why he recommended them in the first place) and was not interested in stacking or anything of that nature. These will be worn mostly with shoes/boots for "grown up" events.

Question is, is his info accurate? Common sense tells me they will stretch out but lengthwise...?

17. boxdok

boxdok Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Quick responses. I will cop on Friday and pair it with my slim fit chalk dust jean.[​IMG]

18. Froosh

Froosh Well-Known Member

Jeans never stretch out lengthwise unless you actually pull on the legs when they're wet. Since they're sanforized you won't get much shrinkage in length either. Sounds to me like the SA thought the 30 inseam looked better on you than the 32.

19. srgprod

srgprod Well-Known Member

20. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Well-Known Member

Have you seen them in real life? The denim looks a bit different from the pics. Nice pair, though, definitely.