• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dynamics

Reaction score
Nothing hurts more than your RL connect finding a new job, lol. No more 50% off on RRL for me. :facepalm:

harveyrabbit

Reaction score

They arent from an outlet. Ive had zero luck at outlets for the past two months or so. And all of them

Are those your personal brown Julian Engineers you have listed?
I love my black ones, but I have no brown...

Ghost01

Reaction score
I disagree with this slightly. RRL is one of the few brands that develops its own fabrics and doesn't take stock fabrics from the mills. From what i know all those brands above buy stock fabric meaning they share it with other brands. I've heard RRL spend a lot of time and money developing their own. Couple this with only making small quantities compared to other brands this leads to the high pricing structure. I've heard some interesting rumours about RRL denim for Spring 13 but haven't been able to find out if its true or not.

Care to elaborate?

Not yet as i know if i get it wrong i'll get shot down. I'm still trying to find out if its true. Its to do with the fabric for SP13 and is a cool move if true.

RobearH

Reaction score
Nothing hurts more than your RL connect finding a new job, lol. No more 50% off on RRL for me.
facepalm.gif
Did you score that sweater in your avatar yours from that connection? If so what size?
wink.gif

Last edited:

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ralph Lauren just missed their earnings estimates and gave bad guidance going forward

expect more (larger) sales/discounts to come I would imagine...

"...Net revenues should decline by mid-single digit percentage in Ralph Lauren’s fiscal second quarter. Analysts expected revenue to rise 3.7% to $1.97 billion. And operating margin from continuing operations should worsen from an increase in investments, the company says."

RobearH

Reaction score
Would anyone recommend sizing up in the slim fits to account for thighs and then have them taken in? I have never had jeans taken in before (thought it was something that just wasn't done) if they didn't fit I just never bought them. There just seems to be so many more interesting styles available in the slims.

I would have to go up to a 36 since 35's are not available. I also wear a 34 in the straights.

Last edited:

jmpate3

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I found this sign this morning at a local thrift store.

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. I am particularly curious to know if it is something used in stores, just sold by Ralph Lauren or a reproduction.

Last edited:

srgprod

Reaction score

Would anyone recommend sizing up in the slim fits to account for thighs and then have them taken in? I have never had jeans taken in before (thought it was something that just wasn't done) if they didn't fit I just never bought them. There just seems to be so many more interesting styles available in the slims. 

I would have to go up to a 36 since 35's are not available. I also wear a 34 in the straights.

If you're a 34 in the straight leg, you shouldn't have to size up in a slim fit or low straights. The only time to go up in size would be for the slim bootcuts which are slimmer in the thighs and calfs. Otherwise you should be good true to size.

RobearH

Reaction score
Wow...thanks for clearing that up.
smile.gif

Apparently reading is overrated and I apparently have not done a very good job of it here. All I kept noticing was people talking about the narrow thighs in Slims and never noticed the differences in the two.

Really again, thanks for the help!
fistbump.gif
R

mfbnyc

Reaction score
It was produced for the brand when the brand started in the early '90s and used in display where the brand was sold, like at Macy's and in Polo stores. They weren't for sale, just a display item. In the late '90s a bunch came up on eBay. It's a good find, if you're obsessive.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey everyone,

I found this sign this morning at a local thrift store.

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. I am particularly curious to know if it is something used in stores, just sold by Ralph Lauren or a reproduction. 

curious to know how much you bought it for?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads