• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allenfang

Reaction score
if i usually wear 33 LVC denim, what size should i get for a slim fit RRL?
Any help is appreciated it. Not sure if i should stay the same or go up since its a more slim fit.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ i wear 32 in LVC and wear 33 in RRL slims if that helps.

Also anyone here from Michigan? I just moved here from Sydney and wondering if there is anywhere i get RRL or even black label

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

if i usually wear 33 LVC denim, what size should i get for a slim fit RRL?
Any help is appreciated it. Not sure if i should stay the same or go up since its a more slim fit.

If you are getting the raw slim fit. I would go down 1 size. they do stretch out for about 1" after some good wears.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
let me correct what i said above:

I bought a pair of LVC 47" STFs in size 32, but have since gained some weight., and they are a bit too tight. So I would probably wear 33.

Recently i tried on RRL Slims and the 33 fit me OK in the waist (not tight) but the legs were REALLY tight.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JonSmythe

Reaction score
In everyone's experience, how is the quality of the RRL raw denim compared to other similarly priced jeans like 3sixteens? I'm thinking of buying a pair of the low straight raws once they pop up in the buy/sell classifieds.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In everyone's experience, how is the quality of the RRL raw denim compared to other similarly priced jeans like 3sixteens? I'm thinking of buying a pair of the low straight raws once they pop up in the buy/sell classifieds.

The quality, durability is all above excellent. It really is the pinnacle of denim.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
btw if anyone is looking for the selvedge officer chinos in 28x32 or 30x32, message me. will have measurements later this week.

Last edited:

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No... Actually the grassy hill's are Low Straights and are a different shade. These are more of an olive.

You're correct Sir. I just had a proper look. Don't know what wash they are... you can ask the seller to look inside - there will be a tab stating the wash.

I'm 100% sure they aren't fake though.

osadolor619

Reaction score

You're correct Sir. I just had a proper look. Don't know what wash they are... you can ask the seller to look inside - there will be a tab stating the wash.
I'm 100% sure they aren't fake though.

Yea, I've seen these in store.

ShiroiAkuma

Reaction score
The quality, durability is all above excellent. It really is the pinnacle of denim.
I don't know if I agree with that, I believe they are worth about 50%-70% of the price tag max, the other % is for the RRL label.
If your looking for US made, Left Field, Raleigh, and a few others are at least if not better. Japan houses a good share of brands that top them as well, but you'll be paying a good premium for those labels as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads