1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Just got a pair of size 29s in the mail. Tagged inseam is 32".

They're nicer than I expected. Nice color, fabric is pretty beefy, slim-straight fit, and I like the button fly. I don't have any experience with the rigid variety, but I'm almost totally certain that these are not they. Definitely not selvage.

It may be a toss-up between these and the WvG predator chinos I picked up a couple of months ago.

1 person likes this.
  2. Froosh

Froosh Well-Known Member

Barney's customer service was useless, so thanks guys!

3. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

how do they fit, waist wise. I had the rigid and I had to size down 2 (i.e. true waist 30, bought 28)

4. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

I own these from a season ago, and own some of the officers shorts. I size down 2" from my actual waist.

1 person likes this.
  5. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

So did anyone here pick up the slim-fit roper denim? I'm contemplating picking them up and was wondering if it was worth it? Is the denim Japanese and what's the approximate weight?

6. Lord Nick

Lord Nick Well-Known Member

Just got two pair of 30" waist and they have a 32" inseam as well so everyone knows

1 person likes this.
  7. clemente21

clemente21 Well-Known Member

8. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Well-Known Member

Those measurements look almost exactly like a 40R. I wonder if the seller has more than one suit and mixed up the measurements.

RRL usually fits like Black Label. Should have that in the RL store in Chicago, I would think. Slimmer fit, with a bit wider shoulders.

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  9. clemente21

Yea - it does sound rather tight.

Thanks for the RLBL suggestion - any recommendation on what style? They're both made by Caruso right?

10. kmdsimpson

I think Anthony, which is the "regular" RLBL fit is the one you want; not the Austin, which is newer. Yes, pretty sure both made by Caruso.

11. clemente21

doesn't the anthony have some pretty serious shoulder padding?

12. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Same experience here. Curious about the suits on eBay though, pricing is really cheap given quality of construction so quite tempted myself.

Also got the cadet coat that the goldlabel seller has, pretty solid all around though fits really small in shoulders. Medium is really tight on me and normally medium RRL is a looser fit for me

13. kmdsimpson

Yeah, I didn't describe it well. It's a very strong shoulder and slim through the body with relatively high armholes. I think (not sure) that the Austin is slimmer, along with the narrow lapels.

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  14. Lord Nick

Lord Nick Well-Known Member

Just got a pair of the slim fit faded in the mail, despite being advertised as left hand twill it is right hand. I don't know what's going on with rrl lately, but they need to do some serious work on the accuracy of the descriptions.

15. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Thanks, looks like it won't work for me :( need that natural shoulder

Also just got the grey soot slim fits, fabric is so soft and feels great for summer. Not sure about color though

16. clemente21

Thanks. Is this true of all RRL suit jackets?

17. srgprod

srgprod Well-Known Member

18. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Well-Known Member

I bought this same jacket on eBay about 9 months ago and paid $180. It's awesome, but it is vintage so the cut is kind of old school. Does anybody know if it's really from 1990? If so, that's really cool, I didn't realize it was that old.

19. srgprod

srgprod Well-Known Member

Its not from 1990. RRL doesn't go back that far. Maybe late 1990's.

It's still a great deal. Priced the same as a Gap jacket.

Much better cut than slim fit new ones. Xlnt, xlnt utility/ranch wear.

20. kmdsimpson

I'm not sure. But this is likely at least a few seasons old, so I think it should match up with the Anthony. And the measurements he states are exactly the same as a RLBL suit I have in 40R.

I always thought the RRL just had modified details from the RLBL suit; both made by Caruso and same fit.