1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. XIAN UK

XIAN UK Member

Interesting... In the UK, the code can be applied to all this season's lines.

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

they dont stretch? apologizes if this was answered in the past

3. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Yea I searched back through posts and a couple people said the black and white washes don't stretch. I wear a 31 in the One Wash. I think I will just try a 32 in these. Not sure if I'll need a 33 though. The final sale worries me.

4. Trimalchio

Trimalchio Senior member

I wear a 33x34 in all washes, but for the new black and black I sized up to a 34x34. Honestly, I probably could have gone to a 36, but my vanity interfered. Now I don't wear them nearly enough because they're just so tight. I've had them about 6 months, wear them infrequently, and they haven't stretched as much as I hoped. That being said, it's one of the nicest fabrics I've ever seen on a pair of jeans so I'll probably hold on to them.

5. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Went and had a look in the Rhinelander today. Had a browse at some of this made in China denim - was not at all impressed.

6. ImBurningStarIV

ImBurningStarIV Senior member

In regards to the black slim fits, I wear a 29 in the slim and slim boot, but went to a 30 in the blacks (could even button the 29's), and the were still tight as hell in the hips, but figured they would stretch. Well after about 4 months of pain they hadn't stretch hardly at all, in the hips just below the waist band was the worst. So I soaked them thinking it might help, well the came out even tighter, so much so that I couldn't even button the top button anymore. I took my wife's steamer to them and just steamed them like crazy around the waist and hips and would throw them on while still hot, I did this for about 5 days and now they have stretched out very comfortably. Just wanted to trow that out there for any of you guys experiencing the same problem. I not so sure going up 2 sizes from your normal RRL size isn't the worst idea though.

7. RobearH

RobearH Senior member

[​IMG]

Huh....am I missing something with this? Seems very "Neighborhood Watch"ish to me.

8. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Looks like a very uninspired piece to me. And at $115 they must be taking the piss. Seems like they can put any old bullshit on a t-shirt these days.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  9. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

One thing I saw yesterday was a raw selvedge chino - think they were just shy of 11oz. Will definitely have to get a pair although I can't see them on the website at the moment...

Does anyone know if the private sale will be including RRL? At the moment (with the 25% off sale) it seems we're being discriminated against :cry:

10. DRCLARK16

DRCLARK16 Active Member

Are those from lenox

11. dastig

dastig Senior member

Nope. Chicago ^^

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

That's BArneys RRL is at a great price

13. rrlgambler

rrlgambler Senior member

I thought so myself, I just finished placing this order:

Product Description
    Quantity
    Price
    Total
    Product: Brushed Oxford Shirt - WHITE
    Barneys Style #: 501382322
    Size: Extra Large

1​
    $89.00​
    $89.00​
    Product: Five-Pocket Jeans - BLACK
    Barneys Style #: 501199138
    Size: 38 34

1​
    $169.00​
    $169.00​
    Product: Striped Oxford Shirt - BLUE/WHITE STRIPE
    Barneys Style #: 501382347

1​
    $89.00​
    $89.00​
    Product: Oxford Shirt - BLUE
    Barneys Style #: 501382331

1​
    $89.00​
    $89.00​
    Product: Hooded Pullover Sweater - BLUE
    Barneys Style #: 502086517

1​
    $159.00​
    $159.00​

YOUR ORDER BALANCE:
    Merchandise Total:​
    $595.00
    Shipping Total:​
    $0.00
    Sales Tax Total:​
    $0.00
    Order Total:
    $595.00

14. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

I recently received a box of RRL jeans that have a weird tag stitched onto the waistband that says "Golden Win USA" on the top and style information/date hand written on it.

http://www.talausa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=204&Itemid=68

Maybe they are samples? Is this the company that cuts and sews RRL jeans in the USA? They are Japanese owned, so it makes sense all the textiles they are are Japanese and constructed in the USA.

Anyone can elaborate?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  15. jsoo24

jsoo24 Senior member

I sold a pair of vintage chinos on ebay and the buyer sent me this message:
    "No actually everything is not alright. The pants seem dirty along all of the seams, sides, as if they have been left in a dusty room. I would never buy/ sell an item in that type of condition. I want a full refund."

Am i obligated to issue a refund even though the vintage chinos were designed to have "vintage, worn-in" look? My pictures clearly showed this also.

Thanks in advance.

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I've been wearing the charcoal selvage chinos about 3-4 times a week since I bought them 3 months ago. They are beginning to fade nicely however I don't want them to fade this fast. I kind of wish the color held up longer.

17. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Nice haul, RRL gambler. I want to kop the slim fits but I've got too much denim as it is. Tisk

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  18. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

19. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

http://www.talausa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=204&Itemid=68

Notice the guy's email is at denim-tech.com
    If you search his email on google, it shows that it's the same guy who operates denim-tech.

And if you search more further about denim-tech, I got this link

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jebb-anfield/35/862/716

It says "I am the Director of Product Development for Denim-tech. I do wash design/developmetn for brands such as Rag&Bone, RRL, Simon Miller, Elizabeth&James, Edwin Japan, and Ron Herman just to name a few. I am also responsible for tranfering all development over to production and trouble shooting any production issues."

So the answer is that the denim-tech do make jeans here in LA.

1 person likes this.
  20. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Yep, if he opens a dispute he will win regardless, and you risk getting a neg fb. This guy is clearly upset you have to do what he says or he will make things worse..trust me.