• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was going to guess it was shipped UPS but the guy who posted after you said FedEx. I hate UPS, they always deliver their stuff in 5 to 7 business days to my place. Even if the thing was bought in the same state. I see in the tracking they will just let it sit in my local sorting office for 4 days before delivering it.

Yes, I've had better luck with Fed Ex. Just to clarify, a day or two ago I got tracking info saying my shipment would arrive today. This morning I got an update saying tomorrow (which is Saturday, so really Monday). I also noticed the Fed Ex website has a notice that their operations in NC are "back to normal". So I assume the weekend storm/power outage screwed things up.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I was going to guess it was shipped UPS but the guy who posted after you said FedEx. I hate UPS, they always deliver their stuff in 5 to 7 business days to my place. Even if the thing was bought in the same state. I see in the tracking they will just let it sit in my local sorting office for 4 days before delivering it.

Yes, I've had better luck with Fed Ex. Just to clarify, a day or two ago I got tracking info saying my shipment would arrive today. This morning I got an update saying tomorrow (which is Saturday, so really Monday). I also noticed the Fed Ex website has a notice that their operations in NC are "back to normal". So I assume the weekend storm/power outage screwed things up.

Check again.
Almost all my free shipping Ralph stuff has shipped via Fedex Home, they deliver on Saturday.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems like an interesting RRL sale on Gilt happened back in 2010 which I missed. Only just found out about it actually. Looks like there were a few nice pieces. Did anyone take advantage here and if so, what you get? These are some of my favorites:

Keyring: $28 from $95

Bronco Bandanna: $8 from $52

Canvas and Leather Boxcar Bag: $448 from $1495

Small Canvas and Leather Bag: $108 from $325

Will this ever happen again I wonder?

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the two tone brown Engineer boots. Leather is so much nicer and softer than the Julian made ones. Its a more narrow boot but the softness makes it easier to get on and off than the Julian brown ones. Im impressed overall.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hi everyone, finally began listing some new items, have a look!

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I didn't receive anything yesterday so I emailed them earlier this morning and asked where my tracking number is after waiting 5 days. Within about an hour I receive an email saying my order "shipped and posted" so I get a fedex tracking number in the email and it says no information has been received by fedex yet which leads me to believe my email must have moved along my order or something. I don't think it was a coincidence I email them on a Saturday morning and then an hour later my order ships. Either way if it only ships out now after already waiting 5 days and then another 5-7 days for delivery I am pretty disappointed. Maybe they'll upgrade it to expedited shipping because of the delay at the warehouse.

Last edited:

RobearH

Reaction score
I didn't receive anything yesterday so I emailed them earlier this morning and asked where my tracking number is after waiting 5 days. Within about an hour I receive an email saying my order "shipped and posted" so I get a fedex tracking number in the email and it says no information has been received by fedex yet which leads me to believe my email must have moved along my order or something. I don't think it was a coincidence I email them on a Saturday morning and then an hour later my order ships. Either way if it only ships out now after already waiting 5 days and then another 5-7 days for delivery I am pretty disappointed. Maybe they'll upgrade it to expedited shipping because of the delay at the warehouse.
I just received tracking # and shipping instructions on an order from 7/2 with out a call so I doubt that was the reason....either way enjoy wearing or reselling your new stuff.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my order in today. Here's the details:

Short-Sleeved Military Polo

This shirt is freakin' awesome. Fabric is great - it's like a stretchy but light thermal knit. The fit is great - slim, but not overly so. And the curved tails are just right for wearing out or even tucked. This is going to be one of my favorite shirts.

Cotton Striped Workshirt

Also pretty great. Slim fit, ventilation holes. The fabric is kind of soft, with almost a terry cloth fell to it. Probably keeping.

Long-Sleeved Military Polo

Pretty cool. Just not sure how much I'd wear it. Kind of on the fence and weighing cost/benefit.

Devonport Belt

A keeper. I did go one size up from my waist size - ordered both, and bigger is better.

Faded Indigo Striped Workshirt

Cool shirt. Also a slim fit. I just have too many shirts in this style already. The fabric is pretty light, and somehow it's faded on the outside but not inside. It's just not worth the money for me right now, so going back.

And from the store:

Rustic Red Plaid Workshirt

This shirt has a nice, light fabric. It is a fuller fit. I'm convinced that it's worth seeing the plaids in person, as the ones I liked in person were different than the ones I would have ordered online. They have so many online, too, so it's hard to choose.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got my order in today. Here's the details:
Short-Sleeved Military Polo

did you size up one or stick with your workshirt size? i remember most people size up on t shrits and polos cuz of the short sleeves etc.

pPOLO2-12066734_lifestyle_v360x480.jpg

got this off of the bay for 725 ... really nice. pricey but nice all the same. leather is soft and supple and very sturdy. surprisingly carries a lot (enough to fit a 15" mbp). this thing will last me forever. wish the back zipper access part was larger but its a very convenient way to get stuff quickly

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did you size up one or stick with your workshirt size? i remember most people size up on t shrits and polos cuz of the short sleeves etc.
pPOLO2-12066734_lifestyle_v360x480.jpg
got this off of the bay for 725 ... really nice. pricey but nice all the same. leather is soft and supple and very sturdy. surprisingly carries a lot (enough to fit a 15" mbp). this thing will last me forever. wish the back zipper access part was larger but its a very convenient way to get stuff quickly

I did not size up - stayed TTS. This one actually has room in the waist, even though it's still a trimmer fit. The shoulders seem right on. The other short sleeve button down - the striped one I would say is slim - the waist definitely tapers on that one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads