1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

The quality would be very good. The Ralph markup would be spectacular. If you're looking for calf, you'd be better off purchasing some longwings from Cheaney / Church's / Alden directly, without the RL markup. However, in a sale the RL could be a very good price indeed.

Just my $0.02.

2. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

1 x slim-fit rigid
    1 x slim-fit once-washed
    1 x slim-fit rinsed

All Japanese denims.

3. david3558

david3558 Senior member

Thanks for your suggestion - yes I may have access to some good discounts coming up but... I'm unsure about sizing.

I can't find a size chart for these, do you know where I might find it? It seems like Context used to carry them...

4. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...138267&ab=ln_men_cs2_chinos&parentPage=family

slightly off topic, but do you still size down 2 in this one like the older ones (my old officer chino got black ink stain on it that I can't get rid off)? Are these a bit pre-distressed or it was just there for the photo effect. When I bought my old one new (28x32) it looked like it was pressed with a steam roller.

5. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

If you have a large calf, skip slim fit, go for low straight or straight if you like higher raise. I haven't bought any RRL in a long time, but it used to be I always size down 2 i.e. if I am true waist 30 I will buy 28. Looks like it's not always the case these days though...

6. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Agree with what Hoit said.

I got a pair of the Cheaney RRL Bowery boots on sale for something like $450 last year. They're nice enough for that price but I honestly wouldn't pay much more for them.
    Sizing is kind of funky on them too. It's a fairly high volume/wide last but also short.
    I went Barrie last size in them. I have plenty of width but length is just barely enough.
    The bulbous shape of the last also makes the Barrie look sleek in comparison.

7. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

8. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

9. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Ah yes, I was just under the impression RL doesn't allow their authorized resellers to post pictures/listings up on ebay.

Nice selection they have BTW.

10. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Yeah they're great huh. Awesome photos. I think they're a brick&mortar somewhere in London Town. I guess the RL lawyering machine just hasn't caught up with them yet...

11. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Yeah I don't size down in the slims. Currently wearing slim-fit in rinse and have been for months. Haven't experienced diaper-butt and because I always wear them with a belt they're pretty much the same waist measurement they always have been. They're a perfect fit for me. I would size down in low-straight - last pair I wore looked like I'd dropped a huge load in my pants after just a few wears.

Of course some folks like to wear the denim in a totally bollock-crushing manner. Each to their own huh.

12. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

online only as far as i could tell. was looking for an address.

13. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Oh yeah. Didn't bother checking before. I guess that's how they are able to constantly offer discounted prices?

14. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

hum, I would still prefer the waist to fit (so size down 2), if I am not tucking in then I don't bother with belts. I actually wanted to buy slim fit for the longest time, until I tried it in RRL store that is. It took me "considerable effort to pass the calf, then about 15 minutes to take it off, again the SA was asking if I need any help for like three times.

15. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Another ebay seller who I think is also a BM stockist is browniebits. I believe it's the same as Philipbrowne Menswear, who, by the way, has some good deals on ebay.

I just assumed that both they and Malford were maybe discontinuing their RRL presence, getting rid of remaining stock, and therefore no longer cared about following RRL's stipulations. It's not like Malford is being very inconspicuous about it.

16. stevent

stevent Senior member

Malford service is great, been meaning to pm him for SF discount on some of that RRL

17. Baldomero

Baldomero Well-Known Member

Bro, you're doing it wrong.

18. Ghost01

Ghost01 Senior member

Malford are an online store only selling old stock or deadstock graments. They seem to have access to samples sales and VIP sales at a number of brands and then they list it at marked up prices on the web (its still cheaper than full price). He's not an official RRL stockist.

19. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

I tried larger size as well (i.e. normal tagged size so 30), the waist is too big, thigh is slightly better, only marginally though, so in the end of day I call it a quit on slim fit...

20. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Each to their own eh. For some reason I find tts slim-fits an excellent fit.