1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Call RL support and let them know, they'll definitely compensate you a little, as well as let you return it. (At least for me they do this often, give me a gift card, and let me return item)

I call them out on their descriptions often.

2. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

TTS, if a little slim. Similar to American Apparel.

3. Lord Nick

Lord Nick Senior member

Is that also true with the faded khaki?

4. jamezism

jamezism Active Member

Would a few months be too long to send them a complaint? I bought a sweater last winter that had leather knot style buttons in the picture AND the description but had regular buttons when I received it. Very disappointing.

5. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Senior member

anyone know how much stretch to allow for in the black on black slim?

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

Mine have barely stretched anywhere

7. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

If its still online it may be fine, but once its gone from the website its hard for them to help you. Cardigan I had was sold out online, but the elbow patches came in with one not completely stitched, I called them and let them know, and they sent me a $20 GC and offered to let me return it, but I said I can fix it and kept it.

One time, they gave me a gift card because something didn't fit as sized, I bought 2 different belts, one size 28 and one size 30, the size 28 fit me and the size 30 one was too small, i let them know and since it was sort of bizzarre that a smaller size would fit me they let me exchange the 30 for a 32 (which fit me like the 28 did) and unbeknownst to me they sent me a $20 gift card.

I have yet to feel unpleased after a call with their service line.

2 people like this.
  8. jamezism

jamezism Active Member

Thanks for the info. It's no longer online so I guess it's too late but I sent them a message with the details anyway. Can't hurt. Here's the sweater below. I kept it because I still liked it but it's disappointing paying $249 for a sweater expecting a certain level of quality and having not be as nice as you were lead to believe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  9. RobearH

RobearH Senior member

Hey...where is that promised sweats pic standing in front of the Acropolis? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. tanapoom123

tanapoom123 Well-Known Member

who know why RRL chino some have patch some dont have

patch I'm talking about is on the right, top of bottom pocket

11. Denim

Denim Senior member

I'm guessing you mean why some aren't SANFORIZED, when a pair of chinos have the patch it just means those are a pair of sanforized chinos, which is basically treatment on the merchandise to keep it from shrinkage... I could be wrong but all of the chinos I have that have the patch say sanforized on them

12. tanapoom123

tanapoom123 Well-Known Member

13. Denim

Denim Senior member

You can find those on the polo site in the chinos category under Garnent Dyed Twill. sanforized meaning the process they used to keep the chino from later shrinkage.. I am not sure of the process, it may be washed, or stretched, or both. Really not sure.

14. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

15. david3558

david3558 Senior member

I have some questions for you experts here:

• Firstly, whom makes the shoes/boots for RRL? I see the Wingtips are crafted in England (C&J?) and the Chukkas are made in the USA.
    • Second, how do the shoes compare to the standard RL offerings - and sizing?
    • Lastly, what would be the top 3 must-buy's from RRL? (I hear the Officer Chinos are great!)

Thanks so much! :slayer:

16. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Some speculation about the longwings.
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/120192/the-official-rrl-thread/14040#post_6184967

17. david3558

david3558 Senior member

18. Trimalchio

Trimalchio Senior member

My favorite piece is a pair of rigid or one washed jeans. Pick whatever cut fits you best. I like the Straights or Low Straights.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013