• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OMG! so does the waist fit true to size now? (34 = 17") THANKS.
$157 for the buckle back slim fit rigid now. I read here that they are fuller than the regular slim fits, but does anyone know how their leg opening runs?
(Edit - thanks anyway, going to order a jacket instead.)

Damn, did those just go on sale? Need to stop by Melrose tmrw but don't have any time :(

I NEED a pair of those

harveyrabbit

Reaction score

Ran into the Chicago store Saturday night with about 20 minutes to close and despite being overwhelmed with little time to look, walked out with this for under $200:
pPOLO2-11812044_lifestyle_v360x480.jpg
Well done. Why so cheap? That seems like a much better price than sale + kicker.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes! Go there and try them out pronto!!

My schedule is like 6AM-7PM right now so don't have time to really stop by. I think they are open July 4th but I'll be at beach or Vegas so no time till next weekend. Gotta phone order them tomorrow

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I picked them up in Feb. - they briefly had them on sale on Melrose, came out to $113.  Then the company apparently decided to make them an ICON.  

They're great, not as "slim fit" in my opinion as the standard slim fits.  I'm a 30 in the low straights and took a 31 in these while I wear 32 in slim fit.  

Sizing from an earlier post in thread. Might need a 34 then?

edit: now I am confused. Need 11.75 thighs at least so maybe a 32 would work? I'm 33 in low straights for thighs but waist is loose
Hey - turns out my 32 slim fits are actually tagged 33s, and are not vanity sized at all.  They measure exactly 33 and 11.5 thigh.  My new slim fit buckle backs are tagged 31 and actually measure 34, but the thighs are also 11.5.  The legs seem almost identical to my sized 33 old ones.  The buckle backs of course haven't been washed and my old slim fits are probably 6 years old, have been washed maybe 6 times or so, and dripped dry.  My actual waist is 34 at my hips where I wear my jeans.  I wear a 30 in low straights but had to go up a size on these to 31 because the thigh was too tight on the 30s.  The buckle backs are US made, yup.  Highly recommended.  Their sizing is so screwy, but hope this helps.  

Last edited:

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know I purchased one a few minutes before you did.

one of us probably gonna get fucked

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone who ordered this received it yet? Comments on quality and sizing?

RobearH

Reaction score
Anyone who ordered this received it yet? Comments on quality and sizing?
Havn't received mine yet but they did have some at Barney's in Dallas and I did not try it one but the chambray seemed heavier then I expected for a spring release but looked better in person then on the site.

Last edited:

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Havn't received mine yet but they did have some at Barney's in Dallas and I did not try it one but the chambray seemed heavier then I expected for a spring release but looked better in person then on the site.

Thanks. I saw in store, but not in my size, so I stupidly didn't take a closer look. I'm on the fence about ordering it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads