The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. RobearH

RobearH Senior member

Robert in Chicago (Dastig) suggested I size down 1 in the officers chino's for that very reason. I do not like to have my pants taken in or shortened and think sizing up would make for a very unflattering fit everywhere else.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012

2. slide13

slide13 Senior member

how are RRL oxfords? Interested in a blue/white stripe oxford and would typically do Gitman but saw the flap pocket RRL version while checking out the new officer chinos online. Looks nice but never handled one in person.

3. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

This seasons chambrays fit pretty tts. The selvedge oxfords from a few years ago fit slim but that the new ones fit tts.

4. RobearH

RobearH Senior member

Good question as I have my eye on this one as well. [​IMG]

5. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yeah i have that exact oxford but had to take Small instead of my normal XS cuz it was super slim in the shoulders but i guess mine was from an outlet/ebay seller and from a previous season. my inside tag is different then whats is pictured above. its the normal RRL tag you see on most shirts

interesting that they finally made them all fit more uniform. westerns use to fit slimmer as well wonder if they fixed that too

6. RobearH

RobearH Senior member

If RRL would like to increase the internet business it would surely make sense to make fit consistent throughout the enitre line i.e.....less returns and hassle for the consumer (I hate sending stuff back) = repeat sales. JMO

7. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

You did great!! Congrats..

8. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

I doubt that will happen. They run 'lines' and to each 'line' is its own. They envision certain 'lines' as being inherently bigger in some cases than others. It makes sense in the thick of it.

Now if they are regular stock items then yes, they should be all the same each season - or at least it would be nice for us.

9. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Stickshift - Hope you can still get the extra 25% off from your purchases.

Also I know many of you dig the workwear details but I just can't get behind the shirts with the chinstraps. When worn they look stupid. Just my 2 cents.

10. dijor

dijor Senior member

CAn anybody tell me what to buy in RRL jeans: nevada wash and california slim?

I have APC NS size 31 Dior Homme RAW 31.

My actual waist size is 33.

11. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Surely it should come down to personal preference and not what a stranger suggests on a forum? That said, personally I wouldn't wear the ridiculously washed denim RRL (or anyone else for that matter) offers - the Nevada wash looks really quite ridiculous to me. The California wash is one that I'm unfamiliar with - do you mean the slim-fit Carolina? If so, it certainly looks better than the Nevada but really you should just go for a rigid / once washed jean and break the fuckers in. Of course, its just my personal opinion.

If you're true waist is 33, people suggest sizing down 1 or 2 to account for the stretch. I would highly recommend trying a pair on if you can to see for yourself. I take a W36 in the slim-fit rinse and although the waist is large on me (I will have it taken in at some point), I wouldn't have sized down because I don't like my thighs feeling like sausages. You could always buy a couple of pairs and send the ones you don't want back (for free).

Edit: And, if I was going to go out today and buy a pair of RRL jeans it would be the Slim-Fit Buckle-Back Denim. They look seriously nice. Just my $0.02...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012

12. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

The Cotton Shawl-Collar Cardigan is now on the website at a much more reasonable price of $1200... ;)

[​IMG]

I felt it in store and it was nice. Not that nice but nice.

13. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

14. dijor

dijor Senior member

you understood my question wrong... I meant only what size should I buy.. I am not familiar with their sizing. I love the nevada wash so I ordered different size and will return the wrong size.

15. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Ah, I see. No worries. Enjoy!