1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. whodini

whodini Senior member

So does the Georgetown Rugby store also sell RRL jeans? I've been thinking about getting a pair. Where is the closest place to get them from Georgetown?
    Farinelli's across the bridge in Clarendon carries them.

2. unicornwarrior

unicornwarrior Senior member

What is this you speak of? RRL has been at the barneys here since at least last fall.

To my understanding, Barney's is buying more of their stock and promoting the brand more.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The "rumor" is that over 50% of the denim at Barney's this fall will be RRL. They're also buying into the rest of the collection. So while RRL has been at Barney's, it'll seem microscpoic compared to what you'll see this fall.

I think that they've been doing test runs at select Barneys for a couple of seasons now. I got stuff at the SF one that was sold out everywhere else for 50% off last December, and there was an entire display, write by the cash register, for RRL. I guess that it did well.

4. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

There's a fairly large stock here at the barneys in las vegas (more representation than any other brand at least) and unless they are consistently re-stocking it hasn't been selling worth a damn. As far as denim goes they have much more n&f than anything else at the moment.

5. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

So does the Georgetown Rugby store also sell RRL jeans? I've been thinking about getting a pair. Where is the closest place to get them from Georgetown?
    Farinellis EDIT: FU whodini.

6. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    Barneys is trying to get out of their lease in Vegas. I am good friends with the mens denim buyer and they are doing a lot with RRL.
    Right now RRL is the best preformer in Barneys and in the Ralph stores.

7. fixuplooksharp

fixuplooksharp Well-Known Member

mauro's outfit, as per his request.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Nice pants, lord fauntleroy.

9. Mauro

why thank you my goodman.....asshat!

I love knickers and the such.

10. stoneb

stoneb Senior member

Barneys is trying to get out of their lease in Vegas. I am good friends with the mens denim buyer and they are doing a lot with RRL. Right now RRL is the best preformer in Barneys and in the Ralph stores.
    Wow, already? They only got here last year. I'm going to miss having a place nearby to try on RRLs and other good denim

11. Mauro

yup its a blood bath and vegas got hit hard

on page 3 lists the measurements of the jeans~

12. stoneb

stoneb Senior member

yea I know, I'm just a sucker for actually seeing how things fit. Plus it never hurts to have an excuse for going out to the Strip

13. Mauro

true.
    I have to go to Vegas twice a year and I dread it because of the strip.
    No one ever wants to go to red rock or anything!

14. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Senior member

I really wonder who would lease that space that barneys occupies right now if they do manage to break their agreement. It's a fantastic looking store with quite a bit of visual attention directed to the stairwell and I can't think of a company that could come in and occupy more than one floor. Now that I think of it, maybe Sands could use it as an upscale convention hall.

15. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

yup its a blood bath and vegas got hit hard

I can't fathom that they will get out their lease. Like someone said they've only been there for about 2 years and are the anchor tenant in that new Palazzo shopping center. I really like that Barney's too. Good lay out and has a pretty good selection of stuff considering it's size.

You got to figure they signed a 10 year lease, as much money as they may be losing there is no way that the Palazzo will let them "break" or cancel the lease even with a buy out which would probably not even cover the amount of money they are losing or the horrible PR it would be.

16. nairb49

nairb49 Senior member

RRL is such a strange market.... I'm a cheapskate, but I don't think I've ever heard of anyone even considering buying the stuff at full price...

And that sizing fiasco with the denim they had a while back has RRL denim all over the place that people picked up for 20-30bucks a pair.

Don't get me wrong, I think the aesthetic and denim isn't bad at all, and their whole "vintage exclusive" thing seems to work well for the general public. I guess its just us nerds who know any better....

17. jet

jet Senior member

great another workwear thread polluting the first page

18. Mauro

Spencer- it makes sense.

RRL like I said earlier is Barney's number one preformer and ralphs number one performer at retail so nairb you aren't alone my friend.

19. Mauro

Gentlemen- Your Chinos Have Arrived

20. constantine.

constantine. Senior member

just kopped a long sleeve button down and i like this shirt more than any of my Band shirts. the length is perfect too.