1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Your logic does not make sense. Maybe you should take up finance as a hobby. Your suggestion that those of us who buy from an entity in the business of reselling, should go to a RL Storefront instead is nonsense. Your suggestion to go to Club Monaco is pretty lame too, since RRL and Club Monaco are very different in style. In essence by mentioning to take a trip to the storefront, you are telling me that I should spend extra and pay full retail (or possibly a sale that is still priced higher than what the entity that resells prices the product for), just for the sake of paying full retail, and partially just to please you here. My point is that I was able to buy both the Fair Isle cardigan as well as some Officer wool trousers for less than $300. If I went to the store and bought those, I would have dropped at least $800 at full retail. My finance hobby seems to be paying off.

Your suggestion that I purchase from Rugby is even worse since they have never sold a Fair Isle cardigan.

I never implied being a peacemaker, i just try to be as helpful as possible and there is nothing wrong with that. Frankly, I was quite happy that everyone on the forum played a long and helped him out whether they knew he was serious or not.

At least the user from greece is well mannered, and not calling anyone a"asshat", "dipshit" or "hacks".

Back on topic:

I'd love to see your Livingstone boots, genuinely curious since I've never seen them.

Also, has anyone seen this jacket in store? Thinking about grabbing one, but was curious if anyone had any details about it:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  2. tanapoom123

tanapoom123 Well-Known Member

anyone know this ID from ebay
    I want to buy jeans from him
    seem like him have account in here right?

the RL Store

3. giorgosaek21

giorgosaek21 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  4. giorgosaek21

giorgosaek21 Well-Known Member

you r f@@@@ crazy for sure
    i will pay a trip to go monaco or usa to see stores to buy something?
    r u crazy?

1 person likes this.
  5. Denim

Denim Senior member

[​IMG]

Light Stone Slim Chino

Been searching for this item in store... Went down to the west broadway store a couple days ago since they have a larger stock on items & couldn't find it.

I seen them on FransBoone, and because its a new slim chino fit, I'd rather try them on in store to see how I would have to adjust.

Any suggestions?

6. jruti

jruti Member

Fine, I'll play nice. I tried this jacket on last week and it's okay but it is REALLY short in length. All the jackets that are out right now (and there are a lot of them) are truly short in length in a traditional workwear style. The rest of the jacket is fine, not too tight. You probably couldn't get more than a v-neck sweater under it.

7. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

So unless you can take the time out of your life and afford a trip to NY or LA and pay full price for everything then you shouldnt wear RRL? Get a life. Not everyone lives near the TWO cities in the US that have standalone RRL stores. Some people don't even live in countries where RRL ships to. There no room for elitism here. Get a life.
    And if the brand themselves have to slash prices to 75% to get rid of their stock then whats that tell you?

1 person likes this.
  8. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Slightly off topic, but has anyone gone to the Soiffer Haskins RL Home sale going on right now? Reviews?

9. Trimalchio

Trimalchio Senior member

Yes, went yesterday. Had an amazing selection of RL vintage pieces that were extremely marked down. Vintage boots that sell at their shops for $300+ were going for $25 yesterday. Belts for $10. Clothes from $10-$50. No RRL, just the vintage pieces that they stoke at the stores. They also had a lot of the decorations and objects from the Rugby stores that recently shut down here. By the time I left it was very picked over.

10. engar

engar Senior member

11. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Yeah I was there. Can only describe most of what I saw as junk. Had some sweet bookcases though.

12. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

haha, yeah i posted and gave everyone a heads up a few days ago.. surprised those are still there

13. engar

engar Senior member

Oops sorry

14. UltraMagnetical

UltraMagnetical Senior member

Does any have the RRL pocket polo shirts? Hows the fit and quality?

15. jruti

jruti Member

You're right, this thread isn't for me. People here are a tad sensitive. G*d forbid someone speaks up and says the direction of the thread is going downhill. That's "elitism." You took my comment to it's illogical conclusion, which is the sign of someone who lacks basic analytical skills. Good luck at the outlets and spending beyond your means. Lush.

16. oceansaway

oceansaway Senior member

I agree. It's nothing but a bunch of pretty boys buying their RRL slim fit trousers two (2) sizes too small and then asking, endlessly, if their pants will stretch out.

1 person likes this.
  17. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

The pretty boys are on Sufu, SZ and Hypebeast. And they usually go four (4) sizes too small.

18. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

Guy, there's no spandex in male RRL denim--no way SZ folks would wear it! They'd probably have to size-up to three sizes-too-small.

19. stevent

stevent Senior member

Just email Frans Boone, their service is ridiculously good and I haven't even bought anything from them ever and he always answers questions immediately and will offer to hold items while you decide if you want it

20. Denim

Denim Senior member

Thanks... I have the officer chinos in a 32/32... Would you think I would have to size up 33/32 with these since they're slim?