The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

That would be me. Unfortunately I was after a 36. DAMN YOU RRL GODS TO HADES, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME!!!

2. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Does pdotjdot on StyleForum, if so he needs to hook a brother like me up lol. I can't ever win an auction with his listings. Lost the RRL Duffle Coat listing he had, atupid eBay interface changes every week the new one I seem to have just does not let me bid fast enough and the timer does t auto countdown for auctions

Anyway juat sorta pissed someone walmed away other than me with that duffle coat for under 200 lol

3. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Id be interested. Anyone know if a 30w will fit a 31 like me?

4. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

5. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

So thats where the size 13's i left behind went

6. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

7. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Sorry for taking so long to put these up and you guys are probably more engrossed in all the ebay shenanigans now but here goes. Its a bit worn in now. Pretty much my go to piece at the moment. Didn't think it was that hard to pull off. I usually wear it with light blue chambray or a Levis Made & Crafted bib shirt with a grandad collar (Edit - This https://www.mrporter.com/product/167770). There's one very similar with a white stripe (dots?) that you can get online but I liked this one a lot more.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also bought this peacoat at the same time.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Only discovered RRL about a year ago but some of the stuff really is amazing but its now like an obsession. Have bought quite a lot over the last year. Got an email from one of the assistants in the London store to say that the sale starts today. Means the prices are probably the same as the US prices. Gonna pop in this afternoon and see what they have. Last time I was in they had some really nice suiting. They had also had one of the Leather Mailbags. Really was beautiful. Not £700 beautiful though. Can't see that being on sale.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012

8. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

Thanks for posting those pics. Both great pieces. I have that vest and wear it all the time. There's a very similar one sale right now for about $ 350 marked down from a ridiculous $ 590. Nice pickups. Keep going. Great new stuff coming in the next few months.

Btw, there might be a 15% off kicker on top of the 30% markdown sale currently, at the end of June into July.

9. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

10. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

for those who like RRL-type work vests, the ones from HW Carter & Sons are fantastic and half the price... but... don't come pre-faded or distressed like the RRL ones do (you'll have to do that yourselves)

both of these have gray chambray backs ala RRL and should age well with washing and wear (and can be had for $200 or less on sale) - just need to swap out the tacky gold buttons or take them off (they are removable)

http://www.hickorees.com/brand/hw-carter--sons/product/worker-vest-selvedge-hickory-stripe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

another great deal is this striped denim vest from Barque for $125 (click the link for the details), includes a houndstooth chambray back and is well made. More dressy than RRL but will get less dressy as the denim fades and ages. Buttons are the weak point, so swap them out for brown horn or brass.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012

11. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

12. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

13. stevent

stevent Senior member

Low straight rinse today:
    [​IMG]

14. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

Yeah, picked it up in the London store. Everyone in the UK should really head in there even if its just for a look around. Great store and the guys that work there are awesome. Should have held on, both pieces were at 50% off yesterday. Picked up some really nice items. Spent a fortune and could have spent double that.

15. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Ain't that the truth!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012