The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. Del-Toro

Del-Toro Senior member

You said there is not always (you even emphasized always) another buyer ... and that you sell to a buyer at a discount because its a sale. I took that logic and applied it to a situation to prove a point, viz., that there always is other buyers and you don't NEED to sell at a discount just because someone happens to make an offer.

You are not correct to assume that there is never anyone else to buy a product. If that was indeed true nobody would list a price, the seller would just assume they get what they get end of story.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012

2. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Wow really? Still talkin about this?

As a buyer and seller, if someone offered to meet in the middle of my ebay/paypal fees and profit I would say yes. If I sell something for $500 with a fee of around 45 - that would be 455 after ebay fees. I think it ends up being another 18 for paypal. so lets say 437 is my take home.

That means I lose around 55 bucks. If I gave someone a discount to just use paypal, and stray from eBay: $475+ PayPal fee of $19or $456 take home.

Yea its a small amount of money, but its an amount none the less.

With ebay/paypal: $500 item for $437 take home.

Without: $475 item for 456, $480 for 460, $490 for 470

So if everything is smooth its a win-win.

HOWEVER: things to note are that the convo is most likely recorded in eBay messages, paypal reps can see it - they can easily just say you violated some terms and etc.. and wont assist you with refunds or w/e

Its happened more than once with me where I offered the option to a seller, and they took it - I saved, they saved.
    Its happened more than once where I offered option to a seller and they said no we prefer eBay etc.. etc.. - I ended up still buying but was just trying to save money for us both.

One seller and me were in contact for a long time, and sold me other items outside of eBay often just over e-mail.

Anyway, anyone that argues anything about this is simply misinformed or a troll. Seller has sole discretion to not take an offer like this if they do not want to. If someone has had an item on eBay for months and cant sell it - it doesn't hurt to ask, I would think after a while they would be more inclined to sell at a small discount to save both parties some money.

3. Del-Toro

Del-Toro Senior member

^

That makes no sense. Not sure what planet your on.

Anyway, when does the new RRL fall stuff ship? Anyone know?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012

4. cumbythegallon

cumbythegallon New Member

[​IMG]I say, ignant muthafucka's in this piece!, talkin' mad shit, like they shit dont stink.sounds like bunch of faggots, talkin about chinos., did you count the thread count on those?, pathetic outlet to vent. [​IMG]abusing the weak,in reality, you are all just jealous of each others possesion.bunch of rednecks, bunch of hypocrites. droolin' over murdocks, bowerys. dreamin of clothes rack, dry humpin' the racks.did you wet yourselves?cummin' honey?yes honey,75 % off!, off prices or your dicks!!what the fuck! get a fuckin' life.crackheads!rrl the new crack! fuckin' pathetic! get a fuckin' life.[​IMG]talking smack, back the shit up, ooh, your avatar is the same as mine,ooh. so what. whine, whine, and more bitchin'!

Is this a comedy forum, drama forum, or a bitch forum..Either way, just entertaining[​IMG]!, dont forget to ask your cableguy a 75 % discount, and print your coupons, for extra head.PUSSY!!Malibu bitches in effect.

fuck you all and good night[​IMG]

5. prajna12

prajna12 Senior member

Sure, everything always sells that people list on ebay. Tell, you what, save me the hassle and I'll send you a box of stuff I want to get rid of instead of listing it.

6. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

If the thing was sitting on my close for a half year. I just sell it at asking price.

But if the thing is newly listed. I would politely ignore(If price is too ridiculous) or ask a little bit more.

7. Del-Toro

Del-Toro Senior member

You seem to be missing the point.

Here, I will try once again, but this is the last time. This is starting to bore even me.

It's not that everything sells. But, if someone does want to buy something chances are there is at least one other. I can only assume you would agree. If not, we have other issues to clear up. Anyway, say we assume this is true, and the first person offers a $1 for x good but you want $2, you do not have to sell to this person (at a lower price) simply because they made an offer. There is always someone else and that person may give you $1.95. Not sure how to make it any more simple.

8. gnu

gnu Senior member

^ But you're also missing the point. Although there is alway someone willing to pay a little more (or a little closer to what your asking) but how are you to know when that person is going to come along? Is it not worth you're time to just unload something so you can focus on moving something else? It just comes down to good business sense, sometimes you cut you're losses and move on.

And besides, chances are even if a reseller takes a lower offer then what was listed they are still making a profit and can turn that around and buy more stuff.

On a different subject, was at Camarillo yesterday and they had a huge rack of blue label coats and purple label shirts at 75% off the clearance if anyone wants to go pick them up. They were all large and up, the jackets were 42 and 44.

9. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

I think you are missing the point, and must have never sold on eBay. There is an eBay Final Value Fee in addition to the Paypal fee. Some sellers will sell for less outside of eBay to circumvent that fee, which is what I explained, and which is why some sellers will accept an offer outside eBay. You're 100% correct about the fact that there are people all over eBay all interested in different items. If a seller can save some money by escaping the FVF then he may accept an offer someone messages him outside of eBay, if he doesnt want to he doesnt have to.

The dense part of all this is that you attribute the discount people are asking for to between 40%-60%, no seller is going to discount that high, or a very small percentage if even. They all have to buy their goods and are looking to make a profit off of them.

To make things short, eBay sellers/buyers may or may not be interested in giving a small 5-10% discount depending on their FVF and PP fees - in most cases something can be set up where both parties save money and can end up happy - with added risk of issues between the seller/buyer. If you do the math like I had shown earlier it works and can be done, and has been done.

There is no argument here, its just this can happen and then that can happen. Why pay fees off someone with a higher offer to come out with lower profit, than take an offer outside of eBay and make more profit sans fees? That is what is up. In the end a seller may not want to but again thats up to them if they'd rather avoid added risk.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012

10. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Abbreviation of "Who were you before you were banned".

11. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Who wants to hear about PSR?

12. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Me

13. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I've bought many items which were listed on eBay via PayPal by offering much less than the sellers asking price. Sure, sometimes the seller will only want to knock off 10% but sometimes they'll knock it down by 50%+

It's a ridiculous conversation and one designed to irritate and frustrate those involved.

14. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

15. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Murdock boots are on sale right now for like $550. Call Robert at RL Chicago

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012