• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I have an ebay store, I'd rather not disclose any personal details due to the general disdain for resellers (greedy vultures) on the forums. A lot of the clothing gets sent overseas to my long-time clients and resold in other markets. Send me a PM with your ebay ID and i'll tell you if we have dealt through ebay in the past.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey did you guys notice ebay just added the "monthly selling limits" on the "selling" section of My Ebay? What are your limits guys?

ShiroiAkuma

Reaction score
Ok buddy, cheapest Enzo will set you back 1.5 mil.
Except RL does't like the car, he actually said it's the ugliest Ferrari he has ever seen, & asked the dealer here in CT why they were saving one for him. He did end up buying it, but it's certainly not his "prized car". BTW $1.5M is literally nothing for RL.

RobearH

Reaction score
Except RL does't like the car, he actually said it's the ugliest Ferrari he has ever seen, & asked the dealer here in CT why they were saving one for him. He did end up buying it, but it's certainly not his "prized car". BTW $1.5M is literally nothing for RL.
I bet he likes the McLaren F1 GTR much better.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By coincidence, saw this blurb in Car and Driver this morning:

"Didn’t the pontoon-fendered TR 250 in the Ralph Lauren collection undergo such an excessive restoration as to actually suffer a loss in value?

Yes, and it’s unfortunate. The TR that Ralph Lauren bought was an original-paint car, complete to the smallest detail, including the FIA top. Probably the only one in the world that was unmolested—never bent, never raced. And today the car would be worth more if it hadn’t been restored."

http://www.caranddriver.com/feature...maintenance-feature-engines-have-souls-page-3

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gnu

Reaction score
Just a question, if I was interested in picking something up off ebay from a reseller what would be a 'fair' discount to ask for? I've read on here before that this is pretty common, so I just wanted to know so i dont offend the reseller. Does it depend on the price or is there a rough number that works for anything?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey did you guys notice ebay just added the "monthly selling limits" on the "selling" section of My Ebay? What are your limits guys?

Mine is 500 items for $15k, though I don't sell that much (less than 100 feedback)

Just a question, if I was interested in picking something up off ebay from a reseller what would be a 'fair' discount to ask for? I've read on here before that this is pretty common, so I just wanted to know so i dont offend the reseller. Does it depend on the price or is there a rough number that works for anything?

If you go through PayPal directly that should give you 10% off since no eBay fees

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I usually ask the seller for 110% off. Then I try to meet them halfway because I'm a nice, reasonable buyer

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics