Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

What he said. Its any money coming in on paypal.

2. hamyunghoo

hamyunghoo Active Member

can anyone help me to choose a size of
    "Canvas Work Chino​
    "? I'm 5.87" 171lb. because I have rather helthy legs and butt I usually wear regular fit pants(like polo's trim chinos) in W32 and slim fit pants in W33. it is my first time for pants from RRL, so all I can say is some pants or jeans fitting good on me for example, nudie slim jim in W34, levi's 511 trouser in W33.

3. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Only in store do they do that - otherwise you can select one of their patches and do it through their Create Your Own thing...

Also I'm getting a feeling that ebay sellers are all avoiding the IRS lol...i would imagine anyone would have to report the sale - do you guys do it via the Schedule D - 8949?

Last edited: May 31, 2012

4. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Just picked up the Leather Peacoat on sale. The wonderful girl at West Broadway found me the last size small in the company.

5. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Damn the leather peacoat is nice. They only had codes for 10% off and free shipping right? I can't afford to drop over $1000 on a jacket.

The Carolina wash denim looks pretty good. Considering buying it or hoping it goes to the outlets.

6. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

You have to report based on your paypal earnings. Ebay doesn't report the earnings paypal does. Technically speaking you should report ALL your earnings even under $20k. Paypal will report on your behalf if you go over $20k which isn't much after expenses. If you live in a household where multiple people use 1 ebay account to buy and sell then each person should have their own paypal to send/receive money and individually report their earnings. This is my understanding of it.

I don't think miami dental is hananasi's account. I think it's a disgruntled employee/partner who wants to challenge him or reap all the benefits of being the bauce. The listing style is also different and Frank trying to avoid the IRS is ridiculous considering how many sales he has a year (I ball park around 5-6000) his fb is around 2-3k a year and that doesn't include all the people who don't leave feedback (in my experience, 30-40% don't) and buyers who go directly thru paypal to get a discount. So he has to pay taxes for sure on that kind of cash flow. What he is declaring in actuality or writing off, that is another subject.

Ebay restricting his account also doesn't make sense because you can get limits lifted or increased. I don't know why ebay even restricts accounts in the first place if they allow people to open multiple accounts to get around these limits. Mostly they restrict new accounts that sell in high risk categories. After a certain amount of time and positive transactions ebay limits are lifted. Paypal only allow 1 account per person, if you reach your limit there you will need to upgrade your account or get a new person involved.

7. Jetter

Jetter Member

I wouldn't think a seller with that volume would go to so much trouble to trim his "income" by $20,000 either but the listings, descriptions, pictures and price point are all similar.. so I just assumed. I think I have seen him (or them) before in Dolphin and LBV but not sure.. thought gotselvedge was linked somehow too. These guys were pretty aggressive if it's who I think it is..

8. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

I have seen hananasi at Dolphin before as well, cleaning them out. Didn't know he traveled to LBV, but I guess it's on the way to NY.

Last edited: May 31, 2012

9. gnu

gnu Senior member

That 25% off sale that was a few months ago... how often does one of those come around? Thinking back I should have picked up a pair of the engineer boots. Twice now have I missed picking those up for a deal. $850 is just a little steep for me.

10. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

The 25% Pink Pony sale happens once a season: twice a year and RRL is not always included

Footwear, including Engineer boots, are included in the current sale. There is more stuff on sale in store vs online, which isn't surprising as they would want to maximize profits online. They are ringing up in the ~$500 range.

Keep in mind the new engineer boots (as well as most of the boots) are super narrow, they were at least a normal C width, maybe even narrower.

11. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

12. gnu

gnu Senior member

Sorry, I'm new to this RRL thing so I tend to ask a lot of questions. If I was interested in picking up the engineer boots in store could I just walk in to my local RRL or do I need a coupon thing? I seem to remember that the Pink Pony required one of those or a card?

13. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Just walk in. No coupon required

14. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Bought the twill chino shorts in khaki yesterday in the West Broadway store. Felt the Argyle Cashmere v-neck which seemed really luxurious - was very tempted. Was thinking of getting the Jersey Anorak but it wasn't on sale.

15. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Love the twill chino shorts. Have them in both Khaki & Olive.