The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

I got lucky to hit at the right time, after not being there over a week. Seeing as they had holiday lodge shirts out there it's obvious these belts are probably also from an old batch they finally got around to sticking out. This week there are a lot of summer sales and memorial day sales, they're just saving the good PSR to put out around holidays.

2. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Yeah, I see that big ass buckle belt, I saw it last year at my outlet.

It's so weird how outlets manage to put out PSRs on floors. I guess they don't open it unless items from opened boxes are sold.

One time, I was at my outlet. They had shit tons of tobacco washes, and cheanny some wash. And they were all old stocks judging by their size tags.

Last edited: May 23, 2012

3. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Ill be hitting Woodbury first thing friday morning. Fingers crossed on that

4. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Keep us updated!

Thanks in advance.

5. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Going to Camarillo outlets next week when I drive down to SoCal for a wedding. Hope they have some stuff out.

6. sask boot

sask boot Senior member

Does anyone have any pictures of the bandit bag or the tweed bag? Kicking myself for not getting them. Any news on new bags coming out?

7. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

Does anyone have a dimension comparison chart showing size differences between the straight fit and low straight fit denim?

8. subdivide

subdivide Senior member

This gray chambray shirt is a great example of what sets RRL apart - a shirt that's both heavily indebted to vintage design yet also innovative. Details that are both subtle and bold. And flawless construction with premium material.

The cut is contemporary. Tuck it in or don't.

Gray chambray with whiteline selvedge is set off with white shell buttons and contrasting off-white neck and cuff lining. Front and back shoulder reinforced with a simple crescent yoke - a style I've never seen before, that riffs a bit on the more commonly reproduced workshirt yoke.

Selvedge details are great - both sides of the inner placket, side gussets, and even the inside of the chest pockets. Stitching is perfect, with all the right dimensions, stitch counts, and off-white cotton thread that appropriately shrinks, ridging all the seams for a nice dynamic fade.

Kudos to the RRL designers who came up with this one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2012

9. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

10. RRL CLOTHING

Nice write up. The selvedge chambrays are one of the reasons I fell in love with RRL in the first place.

Had a chance to examine some of my belts. I noticed there are some made in the USA and China now and they have a very stiff rubbery feel compared to the Italian belts which are all very soft and supple. These Chinese ones sort of reminds me of the low priced Polo belts. Sad to see some of these belts have become so crappy, but the MSRP is $145-$165 so I guess they needed to make some budget models too. Some of the Italian ones have a $350 MSRP.

11. subdivide

subdivide Senior member

I asked about it a few months back on this forum - reply I got was Shipyard (2010?)

12. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

So RRL CLOTHING, did you make it back to the store? Find anything else cool?

Also, do you sell on eBay or are we not yet in your circle of trust (as far as your seller i.d. goes)? :D

I looked up drizkid1987 on eBay - he hasn't sold anything in 8 months.

13. RRL CLOTHING

He is also affiliated with the account 'gotselvedge.' I think his other account went dormant.

I went back last night with a friend and had my friend purchase 7 more belts for me with my credit card. The manager was still there and stared at us but didn't say anything because my friend was holding the goods. If they said something about me purchasing already that day and that I wasn't allowed to purchase more I'd say fine - but you can't tell a different person they're not allowed to shop there because of me, even though we are seen together. I am showing them that I will damn well exercise my right to shop where I want and spend how much I want and will find ways around their ridiculous rules.

This why I love Barneys outlets. They will let me buy anything I want and as much as I want and will thank me a dozen times on my way out. I once purchased 70 items in one trip and put it on my Barney's card and they even called me in a few days to invite me back to the store for their new arrivals. A+ customer service. Nobody harasses me or tries to meddle in my business like they do at the polo stores.

I don't mind restrictions, as long as they are fair but I have seen first hand tourists walk out with 50+ RRL and nobody stopped them, but they stop me at 5 items??? They restrict people they don't like or see too often or whatever personal preference and that's unfair. /rant

Last edited: May 24, 2012

14. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Just got back from Camarillo outlet. They had nothing.

No rack, or anything.

15. gnu

gnu Senior member

I was ready to head out earlier this morning, and at the last minute got an feeling that I wouldnt find anything so I headed to school to study instead. Looks like I dodged that bullet. I'm thinking of heading out on Saturday, maybe they'll put out a rack for the holiday. Last time I cruised through an outlet on a holiday weekend the gf and I cleaned up on RRL stuff.