• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Woodbury is known to have a lot of reseller, because it's the biggest outlet in US and they get a lot of RRL's than other outlet stores.
Last time I was there in late Feb, they were doing the renovation and they had two separate registers. So what I did was I grabbed 5 items and buy. And buy another 5 at the other side of register. They didn't know that I was buying that much. And that day they had some kind of store presentation meeting or something like that, they had people come over from corporate so the GM was really busy with that stuff.

They still have registers on two sides, thats normal for them. Sometimes the one on the womens side is closed down though.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I sort of understand the hate for things like japanese resellers who buy everything in sight and sell it in japan (since there are probably some international brand strategy issues that come into play with RL corporate) but isn't the point of the outlet store to cut prices and get a bunch of **** out the door since it couldn't sell in stores? Why would they ban you for buying too much (unless you routinely come back and return what you can't sell)?
Is it that they are worried that a picked over store won't attract regular customers so they would rather stop you from buying up everything RRL in order to get more regular customers in who buy all sorts of stuff (or made for outlet junk if RL has it)

Yes, when speaking to various store managers "PSR is a privilege" because "so little to go around" they have to "make restrictions" so "everyone can have access to the wonderful everyday low prices" at outlets.

Basically whether you come back frequently or not they can still be a dick about it and restrict as much as they want, regardless if you buy a little or a lot, so buy as much as you possibly can - or bring some peeps with you to help you clean house.

I once didn't buy anything from a particular store with hater operations control manager for 6 months. When I came back and he immediately recognized me, I was restricted. Once you make that **** list you never come off of it. I wrote to corporate on many occasions and that quickly cooled their jets, because the managers don't seem to give a crap how much I buy anymore - but there hasn't been much RRL to brag about this year.

There might be a lot of RRL to come over the next 1-2 months. When it rains RRL at outlets, it usually pours.

This. RRL Clothing and Stuoo, you are right about the behavior, but I don't get it. They make all their money off the mainline made-for-the-outlets Polo stuff with the big logos, anyway. No one knows or gives a **** about the PSR stuff except for resellers. For every Japanese RRL reseller, there are hundreds of tourists filling bags and bags with volumes of "cheap" logo polos. They shouldn't care, but I guess it's an emotional thing with the managers.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of Japanese/Asians, I have never seen any of them restricted. In fact I have seen managers go out of their way to bring out RRL for them and help them out in other ways. They must feel sorry for tourists that have traveled so far for nothing or would just rather help out foreigners than help their own. Little do they know these resellers have already hit up every outlet on the east coast and have a whole minivan stuffed with RRL waiting for them in the parking lot.

Japanese will also show up with 3 or 4 people so you can't really restrict that many people (even 10 per person is still 30-40 items - more than you usually find at outlets on any given day)

Then the Japanese can also put on disguises and come back and use different names and such.

OMG - that is ******* brilliant! You'd think they'd market to bald guys; but no, guy has a full head of hair and wants to put on more hair!

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do people think of RRL suits?

I think they're made by the same supplier that makes the RL Black Label suits. Not sure if they're Corneliani or Caruso. Very high quality suits - fully canvassed. Just the styling will be up to you - usually have Western/cowboy details.

Ghost01

Reaction score
I think they're made by the same supplier that makes the RL Black Label suits. Not sure if they're Corneliani or Caruso. Very high quality suits - fully canvassed. Just the styling will be up to you - usually have Western/cowboy details.

They're made by Caruso. I'm not a fan of the 3 button fit they mainly do, but i bought a double breasted jkt last season and it fits beautifully.

mfbnyc

Reaction score
Hit Camarillo yesterday (Thursday). Zilch. No PSR racks even out.

alishlomo66

Reaction score
HEY IM GOING FROM NEW YORK ANYBODY KNOW ANY GOOD OUTLETS ALONG THE WAY THAT WOULD HAVE RRL , MAYBE IN PHILLY OR QUEENSLAND OUTLETS IN MARYLAND ? thanks

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
RRL IS SERIOUS ******* BUSINESS BRO. I'M AT THIS LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT WHENEVER I DISCUSS RRL.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sooo I just moved to Minnesota, and the lack of Ralph Lauren is appalling. Anybody have any clue to whats are good places to shop for all things RL, and possibly RRL?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads