The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Thanks for new info. I usually go there on weekdays especially on Tuesday and Thursday. They tend to receive PSRs on those two days. Now I gotta try weekends. Reason why I didn't visit on weekends is it is complete zoo on weekends. It is actually good for sellers because they draw that much attention on weekends because of many people.

One thing I don't understand is if they want to limit sellers, why would they put it out on the floor. Putting them on the floor means they want to move it but why would they limit sellers?

If seller is their problem, they should blame their corporate office. There is no way to block the sellers other than burn their PSRs after seasons.

My other outlet is going through renovation til next month. They should receive shit tons of PSRs. And Las Vegas South one is opening this Friday. I wonder if they will carry PSRs since the one in North is going through renovation too.

It really depends on the management. Either they really love resellers or hate.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012

2. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I have a feeling he's got you mixed up with the old RR Store guy - the one who made the offensive comments a year or so ago and caused all the commotion. I've never found anything you've said here to be at all confrontational or offensive, for what that's worth.

3. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

will be going to a sample sale next week. last year, they had a few RRL items but they all sucked. hopefully they have some good pieces this time around.

4. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I agree. I actually find the information RRLclothing provides interesting and informative and completely different to the hate that "theRRshop" used to spew in this thread before he got banned.

5. Ghost01

Ghost01 Senior member

I go away for a few days and i miss a full on dust up.

[​IMG]

Ok this will only make sense to UK people.

6. Teger

Teger Senior member

the reason I ask for people to hit me up selling used jeans is because rrl jeans aren't worth the $240 retail. sorry, it's true. the quality of the denim, the finishing, the hardware, the weight all puts them at the $180ish range.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012

7. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I was into Folk (your signature) a few years ago. Bought some overpriced shirts and some overpriced trousers which promptly fell apart. I have been wearing some RRL low straight denim now everyday (almost) for a year and they are still in amazing condition. Some of the "ornate" back pocket stitching has fallen away but apart from that they're perfect.

Also, considering RRL denim is pretty much made by hand, from Japanese fabrics and dyes which are developed in Japan specifically for the brand, I really don't think you know what you're talking about.

8. Ghost01

Ghost01 Senior member

I dont agree.

RRL fabrics are developed exclusively for RRL in japan from USA and Zimbabwe cotton - not many other brands pay for this research, development and exclusivity.
    Stitching, washing and finishing are done by hand, in America on levels that a lot of brands do their sample runs.
    Hardware is all american made including the leather patch and pocket fabric.
    Weight is 15.5oz to 11oz. Whats to complain there.
    Distribution is tight (in the EU i only know of 15 accounts).

Not many brands offer all this.

9. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

180ish puts them in apc and maybe N&F range ... i assume you would argue that apc and n&F are over priced and should be at the 100-120ish range then? (would agree here, but everything is marked up from every brand)

rrl denim is def better than those and its made in usa

10. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Mine are just like that. Doesn't really seem like a big deal to me. Overall I find the finishing on RRL to be mediocre at best, but I do like the cut and style, and the denim is decent too. For the price I think they are a good buy, a lot less expensive than some.

11. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I'm wearing my low straights today and they don't have that "defect". If it was me, I would probably return them just so I wouldn't have problems with the stitching coming undone at a later date. It's probably something to do with the chain stitching technique...

12. Teger

Teger Senior member

yea i would agree. apc should be $140ish. i dont mind the N&F pricing, only their nicer shit is $150+

and I've seen/handled/owned.. every major denim brand? and I don't think RRLs are worth the retail price. they're a solid jean, but they're just not that interesting, and when they're priced at $240 they're competing with brands like PBJ and Samurai which just have a lot nicer denim. even something like japan blue momotaros have nicer denim... the RRL denim gets the job done, but it doesn't have a lot of character or depth, and weight is an issue because a lot of the time weight determines denim cost -- and you can't tell me that a 13oz jean is worth $240 when i can buy 17ozs for that price.

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

sorry, you don't know what you're talking about. RRL denim is not made by hand (no denim is, WTF?) and there are hundreds of brands that use "Japanese fabrics and dyes." it doesn't mean anything. they're still artificial indigo.. there's nothing special about the dye.

14. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

Quote:
    +1. RRL should not be thought of as in the same bracket as the the smaller Japanese brands at a similar price point.

15. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

All I mean is that a lot of the detailing that goes into creating a RRL demin is done by hand - things like hand-setting buckle backs and the extensive chain stitching which is common throughout. Also, the washing, fading, sanding, distressing and repairing (not to mention spattering) of certain styles is a pretty involved process which is also done by hand.

If you can pick up BNWT RRL denim on eBay for $70 - $100 (which I have done several times) then its an absolute bargain. If you have to wait for a sale to buy it direct from RL then that's awesome too. Personally, it's rare (but no unheard of) that I have $250+ to drop on a pair of jeans but if I did, and knowing what its like, I would buy RRL.