1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

I have one of their canvas bags and duffel bags and love it, but i've always gotten them on sale, either at the 25% GIS or a steeper one (think i got over 60% off on the duffel a few years ago), but it was def worth the price i paid. quality and durable, and looks better with wear. sorry i cant comment on filson tho as i dont own any.

the fair isle crewneck is great though!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  2. stevent

stevent Senior member

3. Denim

Denim Senior member

Just bought my officer chinos today... Gona be my fall/winter pant along with my RRL Raws I've been wearing.. Can't wait to put these bad boys to work

4. Opermann

Opermann Senior member

5. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Has anybody received the Pre-sale invitation yet?

6. misterjuiceman

misterjuiceman Senior member

Anyone know what conditions are needed to receive it? I got mine last year but haven't this year yet.

7. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

I have not received my invitation yet. As I have stated here multiple times, emails from RL have significantly dropped off since the spring private sale. For example, I didn't get one for GIS and have not been getting the usual (roughly) biweekly "we added this to our website"emails either. I'm going to call the store I visit mostly frequently this week to see if they can check the system to make sure I'm still part of the list. I worked hard to get on that list, I want my discount.....

Please post up when you get your invite, I will do the same.

8. misterjuiceman

I'll post for sure. I actually noticed I stopped getting emails since around then, too. My uncle as well. I talked to them and they claimed I had too many emails associated with my account, which was garbage. Eventually it just started again, though.

9. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

10. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

That's pretty much my experience too.
    I still get the snail mail postcards and glossy ads though.

11. stevent

stevent Senior member

That's new eBay setup, when you click through they went for $282, still lost a bit of money as I had to ship them to myself twice (moving around and had non-paying bidders before) and eBay fees / PayPal fees.

12. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

I usually get my invitation by mail for the private sale events, haven't gotten one as of yet...

13. misterjuiceman

I went back and checked and I got an email on the 27th of October regarding the pre-sale, so we've still got some time. I'd imagine if we receive anything in the mail it might be this week?

14. Dynamics

Dynamics Senior member

Damn, no core items allowed? There's 2 denims, a chino, a 2 western shirts I wanted.

EDIT: Checked my list again, everything is from the Icon collection (core).

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  15. stevent

stevent Senior member

Hence why people said to buy it during give in style...

1 person likes this.
  16. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Despite what some people may say, on the web store things may be different.

Items I was told would not work with coupons or go on sale, did. You never really know until it happens. So cross your fingers...

17. Dynamics

Dynamics Senior member

18. misterjuiceman

This might be a stupid question, but how do you check what collection to which RRL items belong?

19. Dynamics

Dynamics Senior member

Someone explained on the previous page. Just type RRL + collection name in the search bar on RL's website and everything will pop up.

20. stickshift

stickshift Senior member

He's asking for the reverse though, when you see an item but want to know which collection it belongs to. I want a sweater that's not a part of the sun valley or isle of man collection apparently :(