• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Namor,

Which Alden boots are you wearing in that pic?  They are gorgeous!

thanks man. Alden Cigar Indy from Leffot. I went tts and narrowed down the width. Gives the boot a sleeker (sexier? :smarmy:) appearance

gnu

Reaction score
With this RL Give promotion is it good in the RRL stores as well? If it is are there any items it cant be used on, i.e. boots, leather goods, etc? I've got a busy week so I think a Friday afternoon RRL reward may be in order...

wornandtorn

Reaction score
Quote:
Those are fantastic however I was referring to the short wing boots. My apologies, I should have been more clear.

UltraMagnetical

Reaction score

A couple of questions on these, I'm sure they've been asked but I couldn't see anything in the last few pages and the search is awkward at best here. I also may be blind but I couldn't figure what sizes the fit guide on their website was based around for the thigh/rise/opening measurements.

What is the thigh size in the one wash slim fits for any of a 32/33/34 waist?

and

Do I need to size down in these because of vanity sizing?

Ideally I'd need a 12 inch thigh on a 33/34 waist if they aren't vanity sized.

get a slimfit in 33 or a low straight in 32...pretty much the same fit.

poorman

Reaction score

I picked them up in Feb. - they briefly had them on sale on Melrose, came out to $113.  Then the company apparently decided to make them an ICON.  

They're great, not as "slim fit" in my opinion as the standard slim fits.  I'm a 30 in the low straights and took a 31 in these while I wear 32 in slim fit.  

Man, those are nice. I was looking for something like that too: buckle back, no pocket design.
Are your 32's vanity sized? Could you give me a waist measurement on the 31's you have? Do you know what your true waist size is? How do they weigh? Are they still made in the US? I'm really considering them! haha.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So has anybody picked up anything yet?
Still trying to figure out what I want.
Prob not going to get much since the Private Sale usually happens sometime in May.

palma

Reaction score
^Remember this sale includes core items which don't normally go on sale at those private sale times, so I would suggest picking up any basics like chambray, oxfords and rigid denim. Unless I am wrong e-tailers never have them on sale either. Also, rare to see them in S or M sizes on ebay.

Btw, anybody know who makes this limited edition Browery boot for RRL?

http://www.selectism.com/news/2012/03/23/rrl-limited-edition-bowery-boot/

Last edited:

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know man but luckily I am covered in all of those areas.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

get a slimfit in 33 or a low straight in 32...pretty much the same fit.

I would actually get a slimfit in a 32. I bought a pair of the grey slim fits blind in 32x32 and the waist was 34" and the thigh was 12". I went down to size 31x32 and they fit me better. The denim does stretch too, the waist on my 1 is now 34" and the thigh is around 11.5" to 11.75".

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^Remember this sale includes core items which don't normally go on sale at those private sale times, so I would suggest picking up any basics like chambray, oxfords and rigid denim. Unless I am wrong e-tailers never have them on sale either. Also, rare to see them in S or M sizes on ebay.
Btw, anybody know who makes this limited edition Browery boot for RRL?

http://www.selectism.com/news/2012/03/23/rrl-limited-edition-bowery-boot/

Not sure whos making them but theyre UK made

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is anyone still looking for the red selvedge chambray from the kon tiki collection, in either a XS or a M?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads