• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Totakeke

Reaction score
Can I still get this Chambray Workshirt in Gray and Medium anywhere?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

I don't think RRL would be high on the counterfeiters list. Too obscure for them

I remember this same debate back around '07.

Counterfeiters want to make money. People want to buy brands that have recognition. We talk about it all day long here but who the hell really knows about RRL?

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I remember this same debate back around '07.
Counterfeiters want to make money. People want to buy brands that have recognition. We talk about it all day long here but who the hell really knows about RRL?

Agree

Chinese people will always make fake copies of famous(mass marketing) stuffs. Brands that are heavily advertised, brands that EVERYONE knows about.

That's why there are so many Polo copies out there.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, all 1.2 billion of them.

Nudie was faked in Thailand almost as soon as they came out, when nobody knew who they were. Counterfeiters have a gut instinct on what brands they think will become successful that are also easy to counterfeit. RRL is too difficult (sans t-shirts, workshirts, chinos) because the pieces are usually very substantial and more difficult to produce, whereas Polos are very easy to knock off. On top of the fact the demand for RRL just isn't there at this time.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just went to Industrie Denim in SF, they have a pretty good selection of RRL on the second floor. Way more than the RL store did (the SA i met there was extremely awesome btw). They had selvedge office and denim chinos and a bunch of last season stuff mixed with current items. There were even 2 leather gambler jackets (full price). Saw this wild deerskin and tooled leather vest
6f9t0j.jpg

I dont know if the sizing is off on the Context site for the denim chinos but I tried on a size 30 (i have a 31.5 waist) and there was easily 2-3 inches more room in the waist. It was huge. The sales girl was trying to tell me they fit TTS too...

Last edited:

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not all Chinese people are bootleggers so please refrain from making sweeping generalizations.

el duderino

Reaction score

I dont know if the sizing is off on the Context site for the denim chinos but I tried on a size 30 (i have a 31.5 waist) and there was easily 2-3 inches more room in the waist. It was huge. The sales girl was trying to tell me they fit TTS too...

Context's measurements are way off. Mentioned it before but they run at least 3" larger than tagged. With the higher than normal rise you could potentially go two sizes down from your regular waist size in RRL

You'd want to get a 28 or 29 for your waist

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Context's measurements are way off. Mentioned it before but they run at least 3" larger than tagged. With the higher than normal rise you could potentially go two sizes down from your regular waist size in RRL
You'd want to get a 28 or 29 for your waist

I would have been all over a 28 but they only had 30 and up

UltraMagnetical

Reaction score
random question....but does anyone have the thigh measurement (big style) for a tagged 31 pair of low straights? thanks in advance

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads