• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good point. Well, first of all they appear to be a boys 18. I can't find any references to any RRL kids clothing anywhere. I have a pair of RRL mens jeans and that's what drew me to them. Do they make RRL kids? They are selvedge.
Sounds strange. Got any photos?

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good point.  Well, first of all they appear to be a boys 18.  I can't find any references to any RRL kids clothing anywhere.  I have a pair of RRL mens jeans and that's what drew me to them.  Do they make RRL kids?  They are selvedge.

i've seen RRL in kids sizes at the west bway store and at the outlets.

shadesofbeige

Reaction score
I was in TJ Maxx with my girlfriend tonight when she came running up to me in the mens' section holding a gray tank top and saying "you won't believe what I found." She shows me the label and it's RRL! This has given me hope like never before, I'll definitely be hitting this location at least once a week from now on. I've had good luck with cheap RRL before - I have a pair of raw slim fits and a pair of buckleback cords that I picked up used from a Buffalo Exchange for about 20 bucks each, so maybe I'll get lucky again.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found one pair of RRL jeans and a s/s key west shirt from marshalls last month. the jeans were patchworks from at least 2 or 3 years ago so I have no idea where they came from, perhaps they received this stuff from a place like American Rag or Wilkes and Bashford. I think the shirt just somehow got mixed in with their regular shipment of polo/purple label stuff.

Ghost01

Reaction score
Ghost1, wii impressions roughouts?

Love them. Super comfortable. The construction is very good and the soft leather makes them really easy to use. Each foot is slightly different in shades and texture and the SA asked if i wanted another pair but i kind of like the mismatched feel, it felt more authentic.
After a pair of the Bowery's next.

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to Katy Mills today, they didn't have anything. They even removed the rack.
There were at least 20~30 pieces of RRLs when I was there last time.

Ghost01

Reaction score
Here are a couple of photos of the jeans I was asking about...any thoughts on authenticity? age?

They look a bit strange to me. Could be:

1. Very, very old.
2. Samples that have made it in to the market.
3. Fake.

I'm afraid i'm leaning toward the last one. The style codes are not the same as the ones used by the Polo company (I've worked in a store that dealt with the brand and the codes on the label dont follow the same format). The label itself is not the same format.

This could just mean the pant is so old and before the coding system i'm aware of.

What does the centre button look like? Is it RRL branded?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Are RRL selvedge oxford shirts made in China or USA?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here is the button and one of the rivets inside and out. They're all stamped this way. Would they go this extreme with a counterfeit pair?

Ghost01

Reaction score
Here is the button and one of the rivets inside and out. They're all stamped this way. Would they go this extreme with a counterfeit pair?

They all look correct. Its even got chain stitching on the waistband which many fakes of denim brands hardly do. And to be honest it would be strange for a counterfeiter to do RRL. Its not like its a major global brand with huge awareness, not like the Polo Pony.

Looks like you've just got a very old pair of RRL's.

engar

Reaction score

Love them. Super comfortable. The construction is very good and the soft leather makes them really easy to use. Each foot is slightly different in shades and texture and the SA asked if i wanted another pair but i kind of like the mismatched feel, it felt more authentic.
After a pair of the Bowery's next. 

Thanks for the info, they´re on my wish list. How about sizing?

Reaction score
They all look correct. Its even got chain stitching on the waistband which many fakes of denim brands hardly do. And to be honest it would be strange for a counterfeiter to do RRL. Its not like its a major global brand with huge awareness, not like the Polo Pony.

Looks like you've just got a very old pair of RRL's.

Awesome! Thanks so much for your help guys! You've been the best!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads