• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dougie

Reaction score

I've got a Belstaff Roadmaster which is very similar to that linked RRL. Same color, but it's not a heavy waxed cotton but a lighter weight skyoil fabric. It's also not fully lined. No idea if they still make it. The one I got was from J Crew. I think original price was about the same as that RRL.
That RRL style with the slanted breast pocked appears to be copying the Belstaff Trialmaster/Barbour International. The Belstaffs are a somewhat trim fit. I have no experience with the International but it is supposed to be a trimmer than usual fit for Barbour. There are also the trim fitting To Ki To Barbours out there. The standard Barbour Internationals run about $420. The Belstaffs I think are a bit more than the RRL. If it matters, for the most part the Belstaffs are made in Italy and the Barbours are made in England.
Hoit, both Belstaff and Barbour sell rewaxing goo. It looks messy though.

Thanks guys. Belstaff is what I was thinking, too, but it's tough to find them in any color but black these days. I'll keep my eye out. I saw the RRL jacket in person and while it looks nice the quality just isn't there versus Belstaff/Barbour, especially in regard to hardware. $200? Maybe. $600? Nope.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
if anyone is looking to sell shorts in 32, get @ me

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its a nice piece but i like the one from last year better, the navy one with the indian head on the back.

ispace

Reaction score
The 740 Collins Ave. South Beach RL store has closed. OP can you update the front page?

B.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At least a year ago. Been replaced by a surf shop. I mentioned this a few months ago.

There is still a good RL store in Bal Harbor if anyone is in the area and wants to check it out.

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think South Coast Plaza RL doesn't carry RRL anymore.
Vegas RL at Palazzo carries some RRL bags. They had some awesome leather duffle bag that was retailed for like $1400 or something.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I think South Coast Plaza RL doesn't carry RRL anymore.
Vegas RL at Palazzo carries some RRL bags. They had some awesome leather duffle bag that was retailed for like $1400 or something.

My SA at the Vegas RL told me they were going to start carrying some RRL clothing items.
He was vague as to what (other than denim) and when though. This was back in November.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like how the waist strap is that long, makes them look like womens pants.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was itching for something new and had some Context Cash to burn.

Grabbed this Sailor Striped Polo...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads