The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

I wear a Small in the Worskshirts but have to size up to a Medium on the Westerns. The Westerns are very slim at the waist.
    I ususally have to tailor the Medium Western though.

2. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

When you tailor the western don't you lose the ropy looking seams? Was thinking of having the sleeves done a bit.

3. Franky Paige

Franky Paige Well-Known Member

I'm usually a RRL guy but bought this Denim & Supply Jacket that my girlfriend is giving me grief about. Can I get some opinions on it?
    [​IMG]

4. Franky Paige

Bought this Denim & Supply coat that my girlfriend is giving me grief about. Any opinions on the coat? Thanks
    [​IMG]

5. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I think she may be right man, sorry.

6. Franky Paige

Sorry for the double post. I was afraid of that, she said it looked like something the New Kids On the Block would wear. Egh, this might have to go back.

7. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

is that a man or a woman?

8. Regg

Regg Senior member

9. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

10. Regg

Regg Senior member

colors on the shoulders are a bit different two. the final version looks so boring :(

11. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

I saw a bunch of the D&S stuff while walking through Macy's the other night. I appreciate the effort and, while some of the stuff has potential, the shit is CHEESY looking. One particularly fugly item is the arrowhead cargo shorts. The women line isn't as bad and had some dresses I'd like to see my lady in, though.

12. Regg

Regg Senior member

I'll probably try to check it out this weekend. I don't have very high hopes

13. RRL CLOTHING

I also recently went to Macy's to check it out in person, while it's presented nicely you do get the vibe it's designed and constructed to the lowest spec possible and most of it an afterthought. ''Occupy hipster douche/slut'' is how I would best describe it's style. It's tacky, overpriced, and tries way too hard.

I hope it will be discontinued soon, it's really only serves to make polo and RRL look good. Some french tourist kids were standing around admiring the display like it's the greatest shit ever.

Also i found it odd that many pieces had D&S '67 or 1967 written on it as if the label was made in '67 when PRL was launched. I think that's highly deceptive trying to fool newcomers into thinking it's a well established brand. RRL doesn't lie about the fact it was established in 1993 and Rugby in 2004. D&S should have 2011 stamped all over it, not 1967!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012

14. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

I agree about the EST lettering - but to be fair Polo Jeans Co. has been using 1967 for quite some time as well, although i'm not too clear if it was EST in '67. Technically speaking D&S is Polo Jeans Co - reinvented/rebranded.

15. RRL CLOTHING

I'm confused, I read D&S was supposed to replace Polo jeans but PRL still makes jeans. Or was it supposed to bring back Polo Jeans Co.?

Polo Jeans Co. was discontinued in 2006. I think D&S is a new line - maybe has some of the same roots as Polo Jeans Co - but still new none-the-less. I don't think if you bring something back after 5 years, revamp/reinvent/rename/whatever you shouldn't be able to keep it's original Est. date but I guess when you have billions of dollars you can do whatever you want.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012