The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. Geste

Geste Senior member

Here's a reversible fleece added to my imageshack album:
    [​IMG]

..how do I access your IS-Album? That is nice.

2. Casual

Casual Senior member

3. Geste

Geste Senior member

4. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

whodini do you affiliated with
    farinellis?

5. flytothesky

flytothesky Well-Known Member

^Before others flay you for this kind of post, you should really read through this thread. It's not that long and everything you're asking can be found in it.
    I have been reading the posts.... i see all the official retailers but when i go to Farinelli website i don't see any pictures of the RRL jeans. I know some of the styles but it seems they do not carry 31..... and i am looking for a slim bootcut rinse with no logo in the back pocket. It seems RRL has different sizing as well..... i see the measurements for last year but i have no idea if they are the same for this year. Maybe you can help me out here, i don't understand the big deal.

6. Francis91

Francis91 Senior member

I have been reading the posts.... i see all the official retailers but when i go to Farinelli website i don't see any RRL jeans.

I know some of the styles but it seems they do not carry 31..... and i am looking for a slim bootcut rinse with no logo in the back pocket. It seems RRL has different sizing as well..... i see the measurements for last year but i have no idea if they are the same for this year.

Maybe you can help me out here, i don't understand the big deal.

They can't sell them online. Call or email the store.

7. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

They can't sell them online. Call or email the store.

This. There is nowhere to see pictures of current season items online--except whodini's excellent photos, of course. You cannot order them online. You have to call a stockist. Farinelli's is really helpful. give them a call.

Info re: styles/cuts/pocket stitching on denim is covered in this thread.

not trying to be harsh at all. it's just too common that posts show up asking about things that have been covered, often in depth, in the thread.

8. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

whodini do you affiliated with
    farinellis?

He's not only the president, but he's also a client.

Great pics Who.

9. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    ^^ yah, right he is the resident drunk.

10. dron10

dron10 Active Member

I have a pair of rrl straight leg jeans that I have been wearing since January now. I was wondering how to get them to fade faster or if after the first wash they will fade considerably. I have worn these jeans for 28 days out of every month and they have little fading to show for it. I'm not saying they are as dark as they used to be or that they are not fading at all but they still are very dark and not that contrasted. I have not washed them at all yet nor have I soaked them. They are of very high quality and have totally changed my outlook on jeans but I want them to look more like mine then some raw jeans. Thanks for the replies in advance guys. ~Derek
    This. I've only had my rrl slim fits for a week and a half or so but so far there really isn't any creasing evident. The honeycomb creases are very faint and I'm worried that even in 6-9 months the fading won't be very evident. Does anyone have pics of faded rrls (obviously raw, not factory faded). Oh and. Think it's funny that you (dcsenge) say that these jeans have changed the way you think about jeans. What is so special about them? The details are nice but the denim quality doesn't impress me.

11. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

whodini do you affiliated with farinellis?
    I do not affiliated with farinellis. I'm a shopper and a friend. I'm also the cameo bartender.

12. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    dron10 - not to be a dick, that's whos job but what is it about the quality of the denim that doesn't impress you??

13. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

dron can also feel free to take a look at the STYLEFORUM GALLERY listed at the top of this page.

14. dron10

dron10 Active Member

dron10 - not to be a dick, that's whos job but what is it about the quality of the denim that doesn't impress you??

Oh, you're fine, I don't think this question is in the least bit uncalled for. There isn't anything about the jeans that is particularly unimpressive, but there isn't anything that stands out. I honestly prefer the rugby jeans to the RRL ones. The denim of the RRLs seems a bit thin, the stitching is nice, but I just feel like they aren't going to fade much without a bit of help (ie lots of starch). And please, no one suggest I just wear the jeans harder, I'm a student. It isn't going to happen, which is why I feel that the Rugby jeans are better prepared for my purposes.

Are there any pictures of RRLs with nice fades? The only reason I buy raw denim is for the fades.

15. dron10

dron10 Active Member

dron can also feel free to take a look at the STYLEFORUM GALLERY listed at the top of this page.

Oh really? I can whodini? Thanks for the advice. I never realized that such a broad range of images was at my fingertips. Perhaps I would like to see more than one person's pictures of one pair of worn jeans. Feel free to think about that.