The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

I had previously purchased the reverse shawl cardi and returned it.

It sheds like crazy and weighs on a ton. Just didn't think I would get a lot of use out of it.

2. stickshift

stickshift Senior member

I bught the aran zipped jersey, hopefully it won't pill...

3. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Thanks Elwood. Glad I asked. SF comes through once again.

4. eotm

eotm Active Member

plaid workshirts are a great deal, cheaper than much lower quality burkman bros etc, that sells alongside rrl at saks. pay for themselves if you do the survey and then use the 10% code on some raw denim. i've had a very bad experience with their woolens though.

5. curzon

curzon Senior member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti

Yep. There's a way to get 'round the slow-as-molasses flash. In the RRL site add any 1 item to your shopping bag, open said bag, and click on the item under Item Description. After the page refreshes you'll have a list of all the categories to the left of the item - it'll look like the regular Ralph Lauren site, but it's all the RRL items. Click whatever category you want to look at or even See All.

No more images of cowboys, railroad engineers, and Depression-era Oakies.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012

6. Opermann

Opermann Senior member

Thanks. I saw it in-store and it's huge and heavy, like a jacket with a real chunky knit. Not sure if I would wear it enough. My other choice was the black-grey plaid but it might be too much pattern for me on a big sweater.

Maybe I'll just get the grey pullover shawl for $99 and call it a day. It looks plain but I liked it in person. It's super thick and the wool is a very rugged, but it has a simple "fisherman chic" vibe going on, like it needs some dirt and fish guts on it.

7. Ghost01

Ghost01 Senior member

Thanks for the advice RRL Clothing - but ive been in the denim industry long enough to know how to handle raw denim. I like the waxy look as it mimics the original starch the denim is given during the sizing process. And i only wish i lived in a humid city - London doesnt suffer many of these. Ive never suffered from the stinky jeans issue that a lot of people complain about when wearing raw denim for a long time, but i have to admit i hate to think of all the dirt that has accumulated over the past few years. I'll give them a bath and post the before and after pictures.

8. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Really liking the look of this but just don't see myself wanting to drop $545 on a cotton sweater. Don't think I would even buy it in the sale at ~50% off.

[​IMG]

I bought the Cotton Shawl Sweater in Black Indigo when it was on sale for $160 (its now $130) and I'm really happy with it. Anything over $200 for a for a cotton sweater seems a little overboard in my opinion.

9. RobearH

RobearH Senior member

I agree. As much as I love this this stuff I have yet to pay retail for one piece....IMO it is a matter of marking the price way up just to eventually mark it down resonable $ levels.

It is a nice looking sweater by the way but I am partial to the shawl cardigans.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Yeah - those chunky cashmere cardigans are sweet. I'll get one when they're on sale :)

11. King Leer

King Leer Senior member

Liking the striped shawl jacket too...it's $495 now, could sell out but would hold until about $300 then pull the trigger.

The buttondowns for the new collections are really good too, IMO

12. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

There really is no point in paying retail unless the item is super limited or part of the core icon collection (i.e. selvedge denim officer chinos)

Just look now months later at all of the items that are still avail at ridic prices, esp. the workshirts.

The only 2 items I am interested in are the chalk stripe chinos and the navy/white striped shawl cardi.

13. oceansaway

oceansaway Senior member

You might like the waxy look, but everyone else is wondering why they stink to high heaven.

14. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

15. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

All pretty pilly, unfortunately.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012