1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. nobopyon

nobopyon Well-Known Member

it sounds like it is black label...

do you know quality of denim is same as RRL?

The original price is like $295

2. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

It shouldn't sound like it, there should be a clear tag saying it is. If you see a thin black tag that has 'Ralph Lauren', not in cursive, then it is.

If it is in curisve its RLPL, most likely this is not.

If it says Rugby, then its, well.. Rugby. And the same with RRL.

Polo RL, will say Polo Ralph Lauren, the most common label, in blue.

Finally some items will simply say Ralph Lauren in cursive but are not shoes or RLPL.

On another note.. the quality of denim amongst the lines varies. RLBL does have some good denim, particularly 'RLBL Denim'. Then RRL is basically your always has been and will be near the, if not the, best quality of denim. Rugby treads in those waters with a few pairs, but can fall down to PRL levels on certain pairs of jeans.

3. nobopyon

it has black label/tag with "RALPH LAUREN" in silver thread sew onto it (non cursive, inside, back side).

and Since it's selvedge, it purchased it...
    but I still can return it.. so i want to see if it's close to RRL quality or not...

If not, i'd more likely return it and look for RRL... is my intention...

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  4. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Selvedge means its good quality. I don't know if it means its RRL quality, and honestly is tough to tell. Made in USA is a good sign that it is good.

5. nobopyon

Again, thank you for your info/reply.

For some reason you said it's good... make me think it's good :)

I think i will keep it,

thanks!

6. PeteZaSak

PeteZaSak Well-Known Member

double post

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  7. PeteZaSak

PeteZaSak Well-Known Member

8. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Stevent is correct - it is Black Label. They use the black metal "RL". Also does the inside label look this?:

[​IMG]

It might or might not be selvedge. But in terms of "quality", I think Black Label tends to use lighter and stretchier denim than RRL. RRL is substantial and heavy. Black Label is going for a more urban, refined look. They often use elastane in their denim, for instance. The quality is very good though, just different.

9. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

He said it was Made in USA, and he also confirmed it was RLBL.

You can tell if its selvedge if you roll up the pant leg and it looks like this:

[​IMG]

that is usually a clear indicator.

10. Dylanda

Dylanda Well-Known Member

Todays outfit

RRL + Red Wing

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. nobopyon

Thank you for your information.

It does look exactly like one in the picture (how the tag is).
    And I'm glad I have another person confirm me it's good quality jeans!

Sorry, maybe my english wasn't good enough to be clear... but
    It does say made in "USA", and was confused what line it was... since the tag/label was not cursive "RALPH LAUREN"

If I am not mistaken, if the edge of the seam is clean like one in the picture, it's selvedge... correct?
    It looks like in the picture, however, where the white part is actually black, with darker thread thread.. but edge is clean like the picture.

12. Trimalchio

Trimalchio Senior member

Can you take a picture? It may have a busted seam, which is technically different from selvedge. But I'd be curious to see what you mean.

13. nobopyon

yeah, I can.... when I get home, i will up the picture (at work at the moment)

14. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

Im going to take a look at the Harry Rosen store on Bloor today so Ill let you guys know what its like. It would be nice to finally be able to try some of the RRL stuff on instead of relying on potentially shady online measurements.

15. goatamous

goatamous Senior member

I'm curious as to how HR prices RRL. They're atrociously overpriced as it is.
    But i'm curious to see what you report back.

16. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

I checked it out and as expected the selection was very limited. I had to tell the annoying sales associate about 6 times that I was just browsing and I didn't need her assistance she still followed about 3 feet behind me and asked if I needed help any time I even glanced at something for more than 5 seconds.

For the most part all they have for sizes are large and extra large in most things. There were a few smalls in a couple of the shirts but all of the jackets were large or extra large.

The prices were higher than the RL website but thats also because the Canadian and American dollar are not worth the same thing. I think the Cotton Cowboy Jacket which is listed at $350 on the RL site was something like $385. A lot of the shirts that are $195 on the site were $215 at the store.

Even if I wanted to buy anything from Harry Rosen I couldn't because they didn't have my size in anything I liked. What I would suggest if you live in Toronto is to check out Klaxon Howl. Its similar stuff without all the pre-distressing at a slightly lower price point and its all made in Canada. The store is definitely worth checking out. They are currently having a 25% off sale too. I just got a chambray shirt from them the other day and it is way nicer than the RRL one I saw at Harry Rosen.

17. nobopyon

Any Ralph Lauren outlet store carry RRL stuff?

I live in DFW area... maybe I should go check out this weekend..

18. erbs

erbs Senior member

How do the straight legs fit compared to the slim fit or low straight?

19. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

350 USD = 347 CAD

its not the exchange rate, I'm guess its due to import taxes and etc...On clothing the fee is very high

Outlets don't usually carry, but the Ralph Lauren boutiques do. There is defintely one in D/FW area, probably Highland Park being your best bet

20. RobearH

RobearH Senior member

Sorry Potemkin the only store that carries RRL in Dallas is in North Park Mall of NW Hwy. Highland Park is more purple label specific. The only RRL there is the Indigo jacket I returned. It's probably already gone since several employees were already fighting over it. [​IMG]

The little store in North Park has very little RRL with that being the main reason I buy so much online or over the phone from Robert or Melrose.

R

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012