1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

If you're a 34 in the straight leg, you shouldn't have to size up in a slim fit or low straights. The only time to go up in size would be for the slim bootcuts which are slimmer in the thighs and calfs. Otherwise you should be good true to size.

2. RobearH

RobearH Senior member

Wow...thanks for clearing that up. [​IMG]

Apparently reading is overrated and I apparently have not done a very good job of it here. All I kept noticing was people talking about the narrow thighs in Slims and never noticed the differences in the two.

Really again, thanks for the help! [​IMG] R

3. mfbnyc

mfbnyc Well-Known Member

It was produced for the brand when the brand started in the early '90s and used in display where the brand was sold, like at Macy's and in Polo stores. They weren't for sale, just a display item. In the late '90s a bunch came up on eBay. It's a good find, if you're obsessive.

4. Allenfang

Allenfang New Member

5. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

curious to know how much you bought it for?

6. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

anyone see the denim & supply patchwork shirt? not done as nice as the RRL version IMO.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  7. jmpate3

jmpate3 New Member

Just 7 dollars.

8. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

awesome deal!

9. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

listed those selvedge officer chinos with measurements, and dropped prices on ALL older stuff. message me if interested, thanks!

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Hooooiiiiit, stopped by the Fillmore RL to check out your vest: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

And whether those are bullet holes around the left R... How big is this thing? I'm sure if you put it on eBay some crazy reseller would have to have it for mucho $.

12. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

And how was it dude? Did it make a good impression?

13. RobearH

RobearH Senior member

[​IMG]

Here's a real winner for this fall as well as 20 years from now. I think that particular Aran pattern is really interesting.

14. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

i can see the ebay listing now:

"RRL sign complete with authentic 1965 bullet holes, direct from Mr. Lauren's coveted Coloado ranch. A steal at $1,000,000, a must have for the RRL collector!"

15. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

^ Haha yeah. I'm sure it would be great for helping you "live the exclusive RRL lifestyle".

16. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

17. jmpate3

jmpate3 New Member

They are not bullet holes. What looks like a hole on the left R is a bump in the metal with the yellow paint from the background coming through. It is roughly 24 inches wide and 17 inches tall.

18. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Anybody else have this problem with their low straights where the waist is loose but the legs fit alright? Not sure how it would work with the waistband construction, but has anyone had the waist tailored?

19. Trimalchio

Trimalchio Senior member

I haven't had that specific problem. But I have noticed that the fit on the low straights is wildly inconsistent, or they change it up somewhat often. I have a pair of Spring Creek wash from fall 2010 that is somewhat wider below the knee, and then a pair of Tobacco wash from fall 2011 that tapers a lot, almost as much as a slim, but not quite. It's still one of my favorite cuts but I've experienced a lot of variation across seasons/washes.

20. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Has anybody purchased any new Fall gear yet?

So far the only thing I copped was the Crosby Chinos.

These pants are insane. The Japanese Cotton Moleskin is so soft and comfy. They feel like sweatpants. Highly recommended!!!

[​IMG]