1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Ghost01

Ghost01 Senior member

I disagree with this slightly. RRL is one of the few brands that develops its own fabrics and doesn't take stock fabrics from the mills. From what i know all those brands above buy stock fabric meaning they share it with other brands. I've heard RRL spend a lot of time and money developing their own. Couple this with only making small quantities compared to other brands this leads to the high pricing structure. I've heard some interesting rumours about RRL denim for Spring 13 but haven't been able to find out if its true or not.

1 person likes this.
  2. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Senior member

I don't know how many there are in Texas, so that workshop could very likely be the successor to Julian for RRL.
    Good find.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  3. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

new Prohibition movie coming out (Lawless) that has lots of RRL-like clothes in it

4. Jpreme87

Jpreme87 Senior member

5. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I haven't seen those at all but I wouldn't have been looking for them. I would think they are from a past season and not currently in stores. If this is your desired size and color I would suggest purchasing from eBay.

6. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

oh fuck John Hillcoat yes

7. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Like this a lot. Would need to buy a Brough Superior to go with it though. The lining seems identical to last seasons Oilcloth Hunting Jacket, but the waxed fabric itself looks like it might be more durable and less washed.

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I see that you must have hit outlet gold recently dude. How many pairs of two-toned, brown, Murdock Engineer Boots did you get your hands on?!

9. RobearH

RobearH Senior member

Sound like as good a reason as any! [​IMG] Or you could just get a modern version. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  10. Trimalchio

Trimalchio Senior member

Care to elaborate?

11. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

They arent from an outlet. Ive had zero luck at outlets for the past two months or so. And all of them

12. Dynamics

Dynamics Senior member

Nothing hurts more than your RL connect finding a new job, lol. No more 50% off on RRL for me. :facepalm:

13. osadolor619

osadolor619 Senior member

A gunshot or stab wound.

14. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

Are those your personal brown Julian Engineers you have listed?
    I love my black ones, but I have no brown...

15. Ghost01

Ghost01 Senior member

Not yet as i know if i get it wrong i'll get shot down. I'm still trying to find out if its true. Its to do with the fabric for SP13 and is a cool move if true.

16. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Yeah theyre my personal ones. I dont get enough wear out of them and i prefer the new ones

17. RobearH

RobearH Senior member

Did you score that sweater in your avatar yours from that connection? If so what size? [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  18. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Senior member

Ralph Lauren just missed their earnings estimates and gave bad guidance going forward

expect more (larger) sales/discounts to come I would imagine...

"...Net revenues should decline by mid-single digit percentage in Ralph Lauren’s fiscal second quarter. Analysts expected revenue to rise 3.7% to $1.97 billion. And operating margin from continuing operations should worsen from an increase in investments, the company says."

19. RobearH

RobearH Senior member

Would anyone recommend sizing up in the slim fits to account for thighs and then have them taken in? I have never had jeans taken in before (thought it was something that just wasn't done) if they didn't fit I just never bought them. There just seems to be so many more interesting styles available in the slims.

I would have to go up to a 36 since 35's are not available. I also wear a 34 in the straights.

20. jmpate3

jmpate3 New Member

Hey everyone,

I found this sign this morning at a local thrift store.

[​IMG]

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it. I am particularly curious to know if it is something used in stores, just sold by Ralph Lauren or a reproduction.