The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Does anybody own or tried on the Rancher vest?

What is the fit like?

[​IMG]

2. Opermann

Opermann Senior member

Amen!

3. lovelux2010

lovelux2010 Senior member

these look great!! i have tried on the selvedge officer currently selling in RRL stores (32 looked a bit tight and 34 were baggier whichi like and i thought i could wear a belt). i usually wear a 34 in dress trousers or am a W32 L34 in LVC 55's

any tips on how i should size would be great (i'm 5'7 and around 145 pounds if indicative)

4. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Not tried the vest on but would have thought it would fit pretty tts.

On another topic, I know we all gripe and groan when BP lists umpteen items on eBay for 2X the retail. However, if you ignore him and his ludicrous prices, there are many sellers on the bay who offer pretty good prices. I just bought a RRL pima cotton short sleeve polo shirt for $39.99 shipped to NYC. As far as I'm concerned, that a pretty fair price considering I didn't have to go to a shitty outlet (and they always are so shitty in my experience), fight my way around the place and then leave empty-handed. About a year ago I bought something from BP - I offered him half of what he initially wanted and he accepted. I just wish he would stop wearing all the damn clothes!

5. Opermann

Opermann Senior member

I'm with you. I just filter out BP's auctions--I couldn't take it anymore.

There are good deals on Ebay though. I bought a pair of grey and rinse slim fits for decent prices recently.

Also I got drunk and bought the wool/alpaca shawl reindeer sweater from Holiday Lodge. Oops. I'm going shopping at the RL mansion this afternoon. I think I may have a problem.

Is it Christmas yet??

[​IMG]

6. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Was just at Soiffer Haskin. No RRL but a shit-ton of Purple Label F/W at 75% off.

7. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

What?? They're back in stock?

8. curzon

curzon Senior member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti

How do these boutiques assure the Japanese customer that the items were indeed purchased in the States? A copy of the American sales receipt? A photo of the item held by a scowling American immigration agent as it leaves the States?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011

9. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

They usually post pictures of the US on their blogs as they are traveling, and it's pretty obvious they're buying from the US, since only we have such cheap outlets and big sales going on almost all the time they have built a reputation for themselves. The retail tags are also printed in USD. I could see why they would feel this way about purchasing Americana clothing sold in America adds authenticity and prestige to the clothing. I would buy a Japanese car only if it was built in Japan (IE, G37, STi, Evo) but won't buy one made in the US (Honda, Toyota, etc). Just a personal preference.

The outlets have some new arrivals of Kon Tiki, but currently at only 50% off and should stay this way through the holidays. This is the time of year people are willing to pay top dollar for goods, so why give it away at a huge discount.

10. subdivide

subdivide Senior member

Fits big. Medium was approx 23" across the chest.

11. narcissism

narcissism Senior member

This makes a lot of sense. Japanese people have this innate skill for building Japanese brand cars that is unmatched by an American worker building a Japanese brand car.

12. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

^moreover, you can probably find that Japanese do tend to leave the best products inside of Japan for a while before it send out to the world, which I think it makes sense. one example would be the nanamica, which Barneys is only now starting to get them.

13. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah when my Mom was looking for a car her main requirement was Made in Japan since there truly is a pretty big difference in quality. Then she drove a few and was not satisfied by the ride compared to bimmers. Have experienced more problems with American made Japanese and German cars which is kinda sad really. As my economics professor said the other day, "The Germans make cars, Japanese make vehicles and Americans make floating sofas."

14. burningbright

burningbright Senior member

So I know it's been said to death on here already with rationales given, but it bears occasional reminder especially whenever Blue Present's name comes up:

Number of RRL or RRL-related items on ebay: about 6500

Number currently being auctioned: barely over 375

6%

End :deadhorse:

15. narcissism

narcissism Senior member

HAHA. Blue Present should be one of the RRL models. He is that damn cool.