1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I was hoping either RRL CLOTHING or stu00a might be able to help me out... How much do the RRL Caruso sports jackets go for in outlets? I'm contemplating buying one on eBay and just wanted to know how much I was paying over outlet prices...

Edit: I'm contemplating a Caruso herringbone tweed (not Harris). Any info would help. Cheers.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  2. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Normally their retail is $1200, it will come down to $799 and 75% off and coupon(if you have any)

3. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

So does that mean $200 or possibly less??

4. osadolor619

osadolor619 Senior member

5. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Yes

6. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Holy crap that's cheap!

Eh?

7. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Are those typical outlet markdowns (i.e. the 2/3 retail and 75% off & whatever other coupons you have)?

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  8. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Markdowns vary, but items over $1k usually come out to around $170-200 after discounts. The polo tweed jackets are really heavily marked down some from $1999 to $999 minus discounts.

In my neck of the woods they rarely get any of those sports jackets or coats in general. I have found about 5 or 6 jackets/coats all year in not so desirable sizes. If you can find one of those $1200 sports jackets under $600 in your size i'd say go for it, the probability you'll find one in an outlet is probably less than 2%

9. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Thanks for the info dudes. At the moment the seller wants $475 - I was going to try to get him/her down to $400 even. I can't believe outlet stuff is so heavily discounted - now I'm feeling sorry for myself because I've never been lucky (and found a single thing) at any outlets haha.

10. RRL CLOTHING

If you think that's cheap last year a lot of jeans were "hardmarked" to $59.95. The first time I thought it was a mistake but then it happened more and more frequently. $230-$420 Jeans were all $12 after discounts. Practically FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

This year no jeans whatsoever.

11. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

That's insane. I just died a little on the inside.

12. RRL CLOTHING

The SoBe store closed around that time a few months earlier so that might have had something to do with it. I think instead of sending all their inventory to other stores, which had an abundance of their own inventory to sell off, they just sent most of it to outlets. Good shit too, like jeans, belts, and accessories.

13. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

What is SoBe store?

14. noel_esq.

noel_esq. Senior member

Anyone have experience with their bags? How's the quality?

Also is ebay user vintagerl on here by chance?

15. RRL CLOTHING

16. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

I remember that. I think i ended up with 25 pairs of jeans in one weekend

17. RRL CLOTHING

Went today, found a few leftover items from earlier weeks nothing worth braging about and 2 pairs of slim bootcut jeans in "sandstorm"

What I DID find was they put out a whole rack of belts. Awesome carved/tooled belts and some with huge belt buckles and canvas ones from Byrd collection. I managed to sneak in 20 the first time and then went back for another 20 but one of their watchdogs caught me and started buzzing in the radio to get the manager and that particular HR manager said it's "5 PSR per customer" so I got shafted on the second run.

I noticed the ebayer "drizkid1987" they also gave him a hard time when he tried to get 10 items. I probably made it harder for him because I got noticed. He asked isn't it "5 tops 5 bottoms and 5 belts" they said they the policy "changed". Every manager makes up a different policy. I really wish corporate would respond with what the actual restrictions are, if any even exist.

I'm going back to the store a little later with more people, because all those belts will be gone by tomorrow. The restrictions are nothing more than a thorn in my side, since they are arbitrary and completely ridiculous and really don't stop any of the savvy resellers or tourists. I'm going to start advertising on CL to pay blokes $20/hr to stand next to me in line while I buy stuff at outlets. Stick it to the man.

18. RRL CLOTHING

[​IMG]

That's the majority of them. Just to give you guys an idea.

19. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Nice cops!

I should check my outlets.

20. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

nice, now u can wear a new belt every day this month haha.