• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

17 Seconds

Reaction score
Killing time while my RRLs soak in the tub.

What's everyone else up to?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ you don't wear your jeans when you soak 'em? To shame

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barbour outlet? Does it exist??
Do they have any classic beaufort??

17 Seconds

Reaction score

^ you don't wear your jeans when you soak 'em? To shame

Been there, done that. Did the ocean thing too. Just trying to get them clean. Replaced my drop ceiling in them, and things got messy.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ the ocean thing? Do share. While in Hawaii, I was tempted to go snorkeling in my RRL selvedge chinos. Just thought it would look a little **** so i backed off

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Barbour outlet? Does it exist??
Do they have any classic beaufort??

Not to diverge from our RRL topic but...

There are two in the US. One is a straight up outlet in the Tanger Outlet mall in Kittery, Maine. It has a bunch of waxed and nylon jackets for both men and women. All the waxed stuff is $250, except for 3 massive racks of Beauforts and Bedales they got as returns from a change in their deal with Orvis and theyre charging $350 for those. Wool and nylon usually is $150, quilteds like the Liddesdale are between $50 and $75.
The other is a Factory store at the Barbour US headquarters in New Hampshire which i just went to the for the first time today. Its smaller and more cramped but the prices on things like bags and accessories is better than the other one. They had less in terms of size runs but more in terms of variety. Pretty good for random scores it seems. They also have a rack of super cheap damaged jackets for anywhere from $50-$200. Things like broken zippers and holes in pockets. BUT since its the factory theres a seamstress on site who will fix things if you can come back in a few weeks for it.

My haul today:
Jackets
Barbour X Tokito Hooded Hunter
Barbour X Tokito Bicycling Jacket
Barbour X Tokito Motor Riding Jacket
Barbour X Tokito Quilted Blouson
Barbour X Tokito Quilted... im not sure?, looks like an International style
Barbour X Tokito Melton Sweater
Barbour Camo Bourne Waxed Jacket

Bags
Waxed Leather Utility Bag
Dress Tartan Weekender Bag
Leather Tarras Bag
Wax Dry Fly Bag
Wax Camo Tarras Bag
Dress Tartan Leather Weekender Bag
House Tartan Leather Weekender Bag

Last edited:

stickshift

Reaction score
That one wasn't a part of the private sale though. The $1200 all-leather one was.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As a testament to how nice we all are, I don’t think that any of us asked for refunds when the sale was announced (why pay a proxy fee for nothing?)

LOL.. Seriously?

"hey the jeans I just ordered from you that I paid $180, well silviob just listed them listed for $79. I want a FULL refund for this item and my proxy fees (why pay a proxy fee for nothing) and reimbursed shipping both ways. Oh and also, since I wore these a few times, the tags are missing and they've been drycleaned once or twice. I also had them tailored but don't worry.. I have the best tailor on the west coast. If I can't tell, nobody can."

^ true story.

The jimmy thing I knew was a ponzi scam from the moment he said he can't VERIFY his paypal account after fulfilling 2 or 3 orders. Reported all his post asking for money orders and paypal "gifts". Nobody stopped him from soliciting on the forums. The final straw was when he made fake accounts to hype his proxy service. People with 1 post coming in to give reps to JF who just signed up from another IP. It was so obvious but you guys dreaming of deep savings probably couldn't see past any of that. The whole story of being mugged from his convertible, very detailed and creative, probably he's the guy doing the muggings so I see where he gets his inspiration from.

I reported him to paypal subsequently and then Greenburg Traurig (PRLs legal dept) but they took about a month to follow up with me, by that time he had already stolen and withdrawn thousands so that wasn't much help. I already discussed the options of chargebacks in my previous post.

Go ahead and lawyer up guys, you will spend 10x what you lost, won't collect a cent and IF this broke ass loser goes to jail over all this, he probably would've ended up there anyway. People who like/wear PRL/ RRL generally have higher integrity so, you can't let one bad apple ruin it for everyone else.

Lol. I thought that statement by NorCal was pretty crazy too.

I'm surprised I agree with you on this RRL Clothing. The scammed users should just file claims with paypal.

Sadly I don't think anything will happen to Jimmy Fingers. The amount of money that he stole from each of the individual members on here I don't think amounts to a felony and then there is the issue with jurisdiction. Which state should charges be filed in? I don't think the cops will really spend any time or resources on this unfortunately.

Also I'm not surprised PRLs lawyers would do anything about this. Technically JF didn't steal anything from them. Even using his employee discount to buy stuff for others generally gets the employee fired and blacklisted from working at the company. It doesn't make sense for them to sue him. If he had stolen the items from them, it would be different.

I've had a ****** experience with a lawyer from Greenburg Traurig so the name brings up bad memories. Basically he screwed me out of $4,000. I knew he was wrong and I consulted my friend who is a lawyer. It wasn't worth taking him to small claims court over it so I had to let it go. I told him to go f*ck himself and called his girl a whore and then let it go.

Last edited:

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lol. I thought that statement by NorCal was pretty crazy too.
I'm surprised I agree with you on this RRL Clothing. The scammed users should just file claims with paypal.
Sadly I don't think anything will happen to Jimmy Fingers. The amount of money that he stole from each of the individual members on here I don't think amounts to a felony and then there is the issue with jurisdiction. Which state should charges be filed in? I don't think the cops will really spend any time or resources on this unfortunately.

of course we will...PayPal will alert his credit card company to the fraud claims

his credit will be ruined if we all file fraud charges (can you imagine having to pay cash for everything - to buy a car? anything?)

he now has a firing on his employment record (for something not that bad) but if he adds the fraud charges on top, it make him toxic to most employers (why would they take the chance in this economy with the unemployment rate so high?). The firing itself will cause them to look twice... and what do you think they will think if fraud shows up, too?

it's ludicrous for him to let several thousand dollars ruin his young life when he can earn it back even in menial labor in a month or two and that's assuming he took the money and blew it all and most of it really isn't sitting in his locked Paypal account

he's being given every chance to come clean but time runs out this week. It's completely in his control and HIS CHOICE how this all turns out

again, he's answered his home phone, we know where he lives, it's not like he's skipped town. If he had, charges would have already been filed. He's got a little time left to do the right thing.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads