The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

ah fox meat. a gentleman's delicacy.

2. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

3. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

On another note, if my thighs fit comfortably into the antique indigo low straights (w36) would the antique indigo slim fits in a w36 be considerably tighter? Can anyone give an accurate thigh measurement of both? Thanks.

4. stevent

stevent Senior member

From sizes 33 34 raw/rinse, there is just a tiny difference (.5inch max) from what I've seen online, not sure about the antique versions.

5. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

That's what I was hoping for but couldn't seem to see for certain. If anyone else could offer some insight it'd be appreciated.

6. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

received a few boxes today and more are coming tomorrow. initial impressions ...

[​IMG]

this is by far my fav piece ... fit is spot on and its a lighter weight cardigan compared to the likes of inverallan with some stretch and feels super soft. i returned the cream cardigan that i posted a few pages back for this one

[​IMG]

returning this. it feels cheap and fits really boxy and wide even at an xs. i was hoping something similar in feel to a W+H tiger fleece and was not satisfied. i also think the button holes were cut too large for the buttons and dont like how the sleeves bunch up at the wrist. the ribbing down the center and sleeve is what feels cheap to me in particular

[​IMG]

returning this. not a fan of it. it looks ok but doesnt look right on me. the sleeves bunch up at my wrists and the sleeves feel and look to long. i can see why some would like it though since it is stretchy and soft and probably easy to layer with. maybe its the color or the western design but dont like it on me

[​IMG]

these are beautiful. originally the description said made in america but these are benchmade in england; the description online has recently been edited to reflect the accurate description. sturdy construction and definitely looks like Alden Cigar. still would rather have the lindricks. i am a true size 9 on the brannock device, 8.5 barrie/trubalance, and took 8.5 in these and the fit is spot on. its a weebit narrow but will stretch nicely. i am not sure if i will keep these. i also ordered the tassles so i will compare the two when i get them tomorrow.

also received the pink and indigo chambray work shirt to accompany my grey one. not sure if i will keep them both but definitely keeping the grey.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011

7. Alfa159

Alfa159 Senior member

Damn. Thats a whole lotta money. Lol

8. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

On top of all the schwag he bought in the stores. You sir are no randomkoreandude you are a BallerKoreanDude.

9. randomkoreandude

lol the only thing im def keeping from this load is that aran olive sweater. the rest is fair game and honestly likely going back. nice thing of returns is if you do it online, no 5 restocking fee and only 5 loss for return shipping regardless of size or weight.

and im gonna be starving the next 2 months with layers of RRL to keep warm in my unheated apt LOL

10. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Wait do you live in L.A. or DC? No such thing as keeping warm in L.A.

11. randomkoreandude

i live in DC but my gf just moved to LA. i may finish my last sem next spring in LA. but im in both lol

12. Alfa159

Alfa159 Senior member

nvm.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011

13. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

NOV0307

14. elwood49

elwood49 Well-Known Member

I got this today as well and I absolutely love it. I'm returning the Marlow wingtips in this same shipment in favor of the Lindricks. The Marlows are amazing shoes, though. I could only have one, so I went for the boots.

I have the Lindricks, fairisle cardigan, and cashmere v-neck coming later this week. I would spring for the peacoat and hunting jacket if I could afford those as well. As someone who is redoing his entire wardrobe starting with some staples, this sale has been awesome for me.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011

15. randomkoreandude

if someone has 8.5 lindricks they are getting rid of let me know!!!