1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

2. JiiPee

JiiPee Member

Thanks Clemente and Dynamics: I bought one!
    Have to do more situps then, if it's tight around the waist!

3. JiiPee

JiiPee Member

Thannks Clemente and Dynamics: I bought one!
    Have to do more situps then, if it's tight around the waist!

4. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

+1. I'm not having a dig - I legit want to know where you wear those threads. I wish I could rock that early 20th Century look ...

5. Longshoreman83

Longshoreman83 Member

I where it anywhere I want. Sure, I get looks from people but I don't mind. Even if someone is critical it's probably because they are envious that they lack the nerve to dress the way they like. There are no rules to this game. I've been around long enough to realize you have to just do what you like.

6. Longshoreman83

Longshoreman83 Member

nycxandy that slub chambray shirt has been washed to hell so it's not going to shrink any further. If it's too big I would take it back. Keep in mind however that it's a 20s style work shirt, it's not meant to be form fitting.

7. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Sold mine as well... at least I got good $$$ for them (MSRP)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  8. ceron101

ceron101 Member

The RRL denim jacket is ok, but tbh I would rather spend 50-100$ more for a better quality (Iron Heart or Samurai) denim jacket. I wish the chino's had a slightly slimmer cut too. I recently purchased the khaki, nantucket red, navy ( alltts), and although the quality is great, they are "classic-fit" 95%, and 5% slim. Unis is releasing their new season chino's soon though. The Atlanta market sucks for the most part when in search of quality clothing, however I recently gave RRL a chance since it's sold here. The most impressive piece to me so far was the slim fit dark wash denim in 14 oz. Instead of making that terrible 695 USD looking sweater, why not make a true indigo pair of denim for the 600-700$ range? I can't believe people actually would buy that hoodie, over a purple label cable... I bought three indigo tops there (The longsleeve dark indigio henley, the short-sleeve version, and the patterned henley). RRL using natural indigo but not releasing a jean version? Dissapointing..

9. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I agree - $695 for that sweater is a little :facepalm: - even at 1/4 the price its crazy. Just out of curiosity though, if you wished the chinos had a slimmer cut why did you buy 3 pairs?

Also, I totally agree with you on UNIS - absolute quality.

10. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

I got above MSRP for it if i remember. I wanted to keep them but I drew alot of heat from the gf who was NOT feeling them.

11. ceron101

ceron101 Member

I ordered the chino's online. Returning online stuff is such a hassle, and since the quality is superb, I'm going to stick with them.

12. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

How does one become Head of Ralph Lauren Vintage?

[​IMG]

13. Dynamics

Dynamics Senior member

Not tight, but contour to your body I'd say.

14. dastig

dastig Senior member

Glad you are enjoying them. Looking good.

-Robert

15. Teger

Teger Senior member

if anyone wants to sell some raw 32x32 slims, get at me.

16. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

^ saw some on ebay last week. The rigids are pretty hard to come by nowadays..i regret not kopping another one last year or so when the B&S was loaded with them. Will let u know if i come by any.

17. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Has anybody been able to confirm/deny RRL being excluded from the upcoming Private Sale?

Paging Dastig...

18. osadolor619

osadolor619 Senior member

My rep told me the same... No RRL :-/

19. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

In prior private sales, there will be some RRL items that will be on sale (basically, certain seasonal stuff that they want to move). However, current season RRL items and your year-round RRL stuff (oxfords, boots, denim, etc) isn't included typically.

20. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

yeah the dude at bev hills said that RRL was included in the RLGIVE sale in lieu of the private sale

picked up some great striped indigo chambray shorts from the RL bev store :slayer: