• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm.....trying to decide between the fair isle v-neck cardigan or the aran shawl cardigan....

Fair Isle V-Neck - for sure. If I didn't spend eveyrthing I had on a Rugby Suit, Cardigan, Sport Coat, 2 shirts, socks, belt and Chinos - the next thing I was planning on buying was a Fair Isle V-Neck

apparently sale items with private sale are 30 days returns. regular priced items are 60 day returns
but free shipping both ways so 30 days is plenty of time still

ok, I haven't bought much from Polo in a while but remembered a few years ago when my Dad asked our SA about returning and she said lifetime if tags are attached.

I highly doubt lifetime. I can see it happening in some cases, with a very very slim chance - depending on the product. Otherwise I highly doubt they would - my father had a DB Flannel Suit from PRL around $1300.00 - the tags were still around after 6 years of him owning it, I'm pretty sure they won't let him return it, and too embarrassed to try it out myself.

Last edited:

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does this apply to Ralph Lauren Home, like bedding?
When do these codes expire? Only off regular price or existing sale items as well?

Not everything is included in the sale. Kind of hit and miss.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, alot of movement from the past few days. stopped by RL today in soho, saw a RRL backpack i really like, might get it tomorrow. just shy of $200 with the 40% and 15% discount. if anyone needs a proxy, send me a PM.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sucker! He bought the wrong stuff! RRL bags are sooo cool and made in very limited numbers. He could have made a killing on those in Japan. And no size issues!!

The resellers RKD ran into blogged about being in town from the Oct. 27th- Nov. 4th and will stay on the west coast during the sale. Melrose is one of the first places on their list. They bought a ton of bags last time they were here and sweaters/thermals are a better investment for winter. Either way they make a killing on everything they find and sell out extremely fast and will probably return for bags/leathers later this week. And since they mostly buy XS/S and some M sizing is rarely an issue. They're also picking up lots of Denim & Supply because people in Japan think it's awesome and they're making huge margins there as well.

Last edited:

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to buy leather backpack for myself, but I missed them.

Are they sold out all online and stores?

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The resellers RKD ran into blogged about being in town from the Oct. 27th- Nov. 4th and will stay on the west coast during the sale. Melrose is one of the first places on their list. They bought a ton of bags last time they were here and sweaters/thermals are a better investment for winter. Either way they make a killing on everything they find and sell out extremely fast and will probably return for bags/leathers later this week. And since they mostly buy XS/S and some M sizing is rarely an issue. They're also picking up lots of Denim & Supply because people in Japan think it's awesome and they're making huge margins there as well. 

Damn, wish I learned japanese. Had an interview at RL a while ago, they told me they were making plans to really expand much more to Asian markets. Looks like they aren't expanding fast enough.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so the marlow penny and tassle are both fine going half size down? guess ill try since i missed the lindricks and return it

edit: yeah tweaking your code by one digit makes this code so easy to crack haha

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

so the marlow penny and tassle are both fine going half size down? guess ill try since i missed the lindricks and return it
edit: yeah tweaking your code by one digit makes this code so easy to crack haha

i thought the tassels and penny loafers were on different lasts..

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I sized down 1/2 sizes on the penny. I stayed tts on the tassle. Tassle is coming in next week. Fingers crossed

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn, wish I learned japanese. Had an interview at RL a while ago, they told me they were making plans to really expand much more to Asian markets. Looks like they aren't expanding fast enough.

There are quite a few shops, but the markup is quite high and very limited sales. I was in Japan when they opened the Rugby shop, prices for the standard $60 oxford came out to $118 I think at the current exchange rate. And the ~$75 shirts were going for ~$150. Every time I go to Asia I always debate whether I should just stop by Barneys and buy two or three of the trendier bags and pay for the whole trip through that. (or iPads). I don't have the resellers' connections to make sure the stuff sells right away though

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd jump on some of the trousers online, but it seems that 32x34 is nonexistent.

That leather flight jacket is gorgeous.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any rrl sizing advice? I'm a medium to large in most brands.. 40ish inch chest but long arms and wide back so I am medium in j crew Or gap... Large in slimmer brands like h&m or something...

I'm looking to buy some outerwear and shirts...

Oh and belt sizing? Just one size up from my normal waist? If I'm a 32 waist then buy 34?

Last edited:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are quite a few shops, but the markup is quite high and very limited sales. I was in Japan when they opened the Rugby shop, prices for the standard $60 oxford came out to $118 I think at the current exchange rate. And the ~$75 shirts were going for ~$150. Every time I go to Asia I always debate whether I should just stop by Barneys and buy two or three of the trendier bags and pay for the whole trip through that. (or iPads). I don't have the resellers' connections to make sure the stuff sells right away though

Yeah I know there are a few, they specifically mentioned Korea during the interview (or at least one person did), I don't doubt it at all that Asian markets would get an uptick in prices.

I wish I knew someone I could trust to help me do something like that in Japan. I would empty the stores and head out there - or open a business there that resold

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads