The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Fair Isle V-Neck - for sure. If I didn't spend eveyrthing I had on a Rugby Suit, Cardigan, Sport Coat, 2 shirts, socks, belt and Chinos - the next thing I was planning on buying was a Fair Isle V-Neck

I highly doubt lifetime. I can see it happening in some cases, with a very very slim chance - depending on the product. Otherwise I highly doubt they would - my father had a DB Flannel Suit from PRL around $1300.00 - the tags were still around after 6 years of him owning it, I'm pretty sure they won't let him return it, and too embarrassed to try it out myself.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011

2. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Not everything is included in the sale. Kind of hit and miss.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

4. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

wow, alot of movement from the past few days. stopped by RL today in soho, saw a RRL backpack i really like, might get it tomorrow. just shy of $200 with the 40% and 15% discount. if anyone needs a proxy, send me a PM.

5. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

The resellers RKD ran into blogged about being in town from the Oct. 27th- Nov. 4th and will stay on the west coast during the sale. Melrose is one of the first places on their list. They bought a ton of bags last time they were here and sweaters/thermals are a better investment for winter. Either way they make a killing on everything they find and sell out extremely fast and will probably return for bags/leathers later this week. And since they mostly buy XS/S and some M sizing is rarely an issue. They're also picking up lots of Denim & Supply because people in Japan think it's awesome and they're making huge margins there as well.

6. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

I was going to buy leather backpack for myself, but I missed them.

Are they sold out all online and stores?

7. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Damn, wish I learned japanese. Had an interview at RL a while ago, they told me they were making plans to really expand much more to Asian markets. Looks like they aren't expanding fast enough.

8. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

so the marlow penny and tassle are both fine going half size down? guess ill try since i missed the lindricks and return it

edit: yeah tweaking your code by one digit makes this code so easy to crack haha

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

i thought the tassels and penny loafers were on different lasts..

10. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

anyone know how to size them then???

TTS?

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I sized down 1/2 sizes on the penny. I stayed tts on the tassle. Tassle is coming in next week. Fingers crossed

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

There are quite a few shops, but the markup is quite high and very limited sales. I was in Japan when they opened the Rugby shop, prices for the standard $60 oxford came out to $118 I think at the current exchange rate. And the ~$75 shirts were going for ~$150. Every time I go to Asia I always debate whether I should just stop by Barneys and buy two or three of the trendier bags and pay for the whole trip through that. (or iPads). I don't have the resellers' connections to make sure the stuff sells right away though

13. zissou

zissou Senior member

I'd jump on some of the trousers online, but it seems that 32x34 is nonexistent.

That leather flight jacket is gorgeous.

14. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

Does anyone have any rrl sizing advice? I'm a medium to large in most brands.. 40ish inch chest but long arms and wide back so I am medium in j crew Or gap... Large in slimmer brands like h&m or something...

I'm looking to buy some outerwear and shirts...

Oh and belt sizing? Just one size up from my normal waist? If I'm a 32 waist then buy 34?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011

15. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

Yeah I know there are a few, they specifically mentioned Korea during the interview (or at least one person did), I don't doubt it at all that Asian markets would get an uptick in prices.

I wish I knew someone I could trust to help me do something like that in Japan. I would empty the stores and head out there - or open a business there that resold

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011