1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. dastig

dastig Senior member

Hey guys.

Presale for the Private Sale starts on April 27. The sale goes public on May 5th I believe. No word yet of the percentages or which groups are included.

The Give in Style event was a great opportunity to get core items that won't be included in Private Sale. ie Core Washes of Jeans, Core colors in officer chinos, henleys, etc. Core items are the pieces we carry year round.

On another note, we were told Give in Style event will be extended to today. No word if it is online, but it might be just extended for in store only.

We also received this brand new rigid denim jacket. The jacket has a neat inverted pleat on the front on the both sides of the front placket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know if you guys need anything last minute. (please send me an email. I can not respond to private messages at work)

Thanks,

Robert

robert.schoettker@ralphlauren.com

2. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

That's actually how they ship their chinos from the warehouse.

3. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I got my cords yesterday. Won't be able to try them on till Monday though as I'm working like a dog all weekend - I do hope they aren't ridiculously tight in the thigh?!

They came neatly packaged with no wrinkles...

4. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

My chinos are tight in the thighs. My cords are not, but from earlier season.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  5. ataru

ataru Senior member

Got my cords today. They fit nicely. I think they are sized exactly the same as recent runs of slim fit raw and one wash denim. As such, I could have gone with 30 waist (if they had it in stock) and they would have looked good, but they look fine in 31 as well and will be a bit more comfortable in warm weather- I'll just need a belt to keep them from riding lower than I'd like once they stretch.

I really don't see what's "seafoam" about the color, looking at them in person. They're a light tan or olive that's pretty normal for cords.

Great pants anyway!

6. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Was in the SF Post street store the other day.They have a few pieces of RRL. I love the raw denim western shirt with snaps. That silver starburst neck button is a cool touch too.

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

so busy you cant try on a pair of pants? whhhhat?

8. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Haha yeah. I'm actually working away this weekend and the cords are in the office. I'll try them on on Monday - fear not!

9. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

So just tried the cords on and I'm impressed. They fit really well - pretty much tts in the waist and definitely not too slim in the thigh. The colour is almost grey with a hint of beige so I agree with ataru - no idea where they got "seafoam" from?

Also, my hunch was right - they retailed for $260 so the $97 I got them for must have been an accident :slayer:

[​IMG]

10. GusW

Does anyone own the raw denim cowboy style shirt? Is it sanforized or does it shrink much when washed repeatedly?

I tried one on and the fit is perfect but would be concerned if it were to shrink.

I will need to wash it. I can't do the raw thing on a shirt. it is just too stinky :)

11. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Ill have it later this week. Ordered it on Friday. Im pretty sure its sanforized

12. el duderino

el duderino Senior member

All RRL denim fabrics are sanforized

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

nice score. jelly

14. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

What's the raw denim cowboy? It's online?

15. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

Bro, you're normally the one informing us of all the deals! What happened - you losing your mojo or something?!

16. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Its not online. Ill post up some pics when I get it this week (hopefully in the next day or two)

17. RobearH

RobearH Senior member

[​IMG]Outrageously cool piece just added online.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  18. b-ill

b-ill Senior member

I know there are issues with the waist size vs actual measurements but I haven't seen the inseam be way off until I got a pair of the Low Straights in the mail today. 32L and they barely measured out to 30". If anything, I thought the inseam is normally longer than what is listed.

19. GusW

These were very popular in the 70's in Mexico with the beach vendors. As a result, all the surfers brought them back. They were a common look with frayed jeans, a white t shirt and sandels all along the California coast.

20. gumercindo

gumercindo Senior member

Beautiful color! Too bad I missed out - been looking for some chords in that color!