The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. slide13

slide13 Senior member

wow, some good stuff on there. 40% plus a 15% kicker huh? Nice deals, definitely some shirts I'd like to have on that list.

2. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

3. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

i own the grey chambray shirt and it fits TTS so im a 36 and take XS in their work shirts

heres a pic:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  4. randomkoreandude

also anyone else besides NAMOR get the lindrick boot? how did you size? i think i remember seeing to size the same as alden barrie. namor seems to be preoccupied atm.

5. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

325 last? I think you can go same as Barrie. Not as wide in the forefoot as the Barrie.

6. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I'm not sure about the current season stuff, but there have been at least two different pea coats.( I didn't see a pea coat on the pre-sale web site though.)
    There's one that's made in Italy and another that's made in China. The Italy one retails for about $1000 and the made in China one is a couple hundred less.
    I got the Italy one and it's pretty damn heavy. I'm not sure where you'd wear it in LA since it's too heavy for a lot of Seattle weather.

I got the Lindrick boots. I don't think it's quite as oversized as a Barrie. It's more like 1/4 or 1/3 of a size big as opposed to the Barrie which is 1/2 size big. YMMV depending on your foot. Pretty sure they're 325 last and they fit the same as the Darlton/Marlow wing tips. I ended up sizing down to same as Barrie size.

If you can get them for the 40%+15% they're well worth it. They're finished a lot nicer than the Alden equivalents like the Epaulet Brixton or those J Crew wing tip boot (not that I don't like my Aldens) and end up being cheaper.

Only thing is they seem to have the problem common to C&J shell in that I got those water spots. I just about wore out my arm brushing those mofos to get rid of the spots. The Lindricks in particular seemed to have been loaded up with polish which I think is the problem. And even once you get rid of the spots they'll come back but eventually with enough brushing they go away for good.

7. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Nice haul rkd.

8. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

I bet the M will fit me in the chest and shoulders. Is the work shirt slim fit or more relaxed? Thanks in advance RDK

9. randomkoreandude

those chambray work shirts are slim fit. the chambray work shirt with two pockets is more relaxed

for the lindrick, is that color the #8 equivalent or is it more cigar?

10. Jpreme87

Jpreme87 Senior member

does anyone know where I can find the Santa Fe wash denim in 32x30? tried ebay and nothing.....would highly appreciate it.

11. randomkoreandude

if anyone needs something for the private sale let me know. ill just do what jimmyfingers did and place a big order this weekend along with my own pair of lindricks. $25 proxy fee for anything you want, which is i think what he was offering

im sure most of you dont need this so just throwing it out there

cheers!

oh and ill be going back to melrose tomorrow to exchange something and will be going to malibu this weekend but likely everything in malibu will be gone plus its a smaller store

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Nice haul man. Lindrick, like the Darlton is a cigar cordovan. No mistaking, definitely brown shell cordovan

13. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Similar to Alden cigar.
    It ages nicely. After a few years cigar and #8 start to converge.

14. randomkoreandude

15. jfurt

jfurt Well-Known Member

Sorry if I'm blatantly misunderstanding this sale here, but two rookie questions:

1. How do you get onto whatever list hooks you up with a code like this? I've only gotten into RRL somewhat recently, so I'm definitely out of the loop on this.

2. Is this stuff on sale in their stores now without a code or do you need to have whatever code they sent you to buy in store? With the private pre sale ending Nov. 2, does that mean that in-store stuff will be discounted like this starting Thursday?

Again sorry for the dumb questions, especially if they've been addressed.