• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried on a pair of the slim fits in black selvedge and it looks like I have to size UP, not because of the thighs either but because of the waist. From what I've read in here, that doesn't sound right.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perchance, anyone have this Twill Jersey Jacket with fit pics? How's the sizing? Thanks.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Tres Bien's ebay store is selling off RRL merchandise with fairly low starting bids.
Especially interesting are the two farrel indigo workshirts which I only saw once before in a pic an SA sent me.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/tresbiensho...86690&pt=US_CSA_MC_Shirts&_trksid=p4340.l2562

Man I hate early-bird bidders. Auction's not even 8 hours old. :plain:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250915440937?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Tried on a pair of the slim fits in black selvedge and it looks like I have to size UP, not because of the thighs either but because of the waist. From what I've read in here, that doesn't sound right.

This could be right. Sizing up can sometimes only give you a bigger waist. I was going to size up but The difference between a 33 and a 34 was one inch of waist

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what year/season Nashville collection from?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You sure you measure the actual spot where jeans sit on your hips? My actual waist is 30.5 but where I wear my jeans around the hips it's like 33.5. I have a few pairs of RRL, all size 31 or 32. All of them measure 34 at the waist. They all measured around 33 to 34 when I got them and stretched out a bit.

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some of the items have suspiciously similar bids across sizes. I wonder if this is going to turn into a free-for-all for overseas resellers.
Also, a clothing shop can't post waist measurements for pants?

They're there, just in cm not inches. They're easy to miss in the listings.

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You sure you measure the actual spot where jeans sit on your hips? My actual waist is 30.5 but where I wear my jeans around the hips it's like 33.5. I have a few pairs of RRL, all size 31 or 32. All of them measure 34 at the waist. They all measured around 33 to 34 when I got them and stretched out a bit.

Not sure if this was referring to my post. If so, I'm going by the fact that I'm comfortably a 30 in most brands, including RL Black Label, but I could barely button a 30 in the RRL Slim Fits. Guess if I want the slims I'll just have to find them in person so I can try them on first.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure if this was referring to my post. If so, I'm going by the fact that I'm comfortably a 30 in most brands, including RL Black Label, but I could barely button a 30 in the RRL Slim Fits. Guess if I want the slims I'll just have to find them in person so I can try them on first.

Yea I was referring your posts. The waist on the RRL slim fits should stretch out. I guess the sizing is just a little different on RL Black Label. All of the RRL I have seen tend to run 1 to 2 inches larger than tagged size in the waist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads