Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. clemente21

clemente21 Senior member

[​IMG]

2. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Of course it's greed. Obviously a business isn't a charity and is hoping to turn a profit, but like osadolor pointed out, rather than make a decent amount some will sit on an item forever at some extremely ridiculous markup (sometimes well over retail) hoping it will one day sell. Again, I'm not saying all sellers are like that only a few that I'm sure we've all come across. No offence to Dave_SFU or stu etc., you're clearly not one of those sellers.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

3. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

I think greed is a really strong word here. It's just sellers' varying judgments about what they can get for an item. Some are better at reading the market than others. Also, with the varying discounts %'s, not everyone is always buying at the same price. I say lob in an offer if you think the price is too high.

4. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah greed and doing business are two different things. My outlet back at home gets about one RRL shirt every six months and only BL/PL PSR that has holes, stains etc. If I find an item that's reasonably priced online I'll kop. If it's a bit high I usually send a message asking for a more reasonable price or send in an offer.

If people are buying, then the price is right. And when something shows up for cheap, it's usually bought immediately or bidded up to the market price. Granted if market prices were a bit lower, I would be buying a lot more items. But my price expectation is different than someone else's and if that someone is international, they may not have access to any outlets.

So stop complaining. Thanksgiving and the holidays are right around the corner, pretty soon a bunch of stores/sites will have sales for probably less than eBay.

5. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

First off I'm not complaining, I was just chiming in on what osadolor said. I'm talking about the types of sellers listing an item for $350 when everyone else is listing at $150, then refusing to budge on the price by even $1 when informed about it. I'm sure we've all seen these items listed and relisted for very long periods of time. That's kind of being greedy, isn't it?

With that being said, if it weren't for the resellers a lot of us wouldn't have access to so many RRL goods, so I do appreciate the ones selling at reasonable prices that are fair for both parties.

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah I know what you mean, but just move on since almost all the items are available through multiple sellers. And if the resller got it for a few dollars it doesn't really hurt them to sit on it for months. A bit greedy yes, but still business.

7. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Haha, maybe it's coming across over the internet like I'm pissed off or something, I'm not. I just go looking for a fair deal elsewhere. Was just adding my 2 cents to what was said, that's all. :)

8. cb_32

cb_32 Senior member

this topic is huge, anybody got evo pics?

also i remember meeting george strombo in the CBC studios and he was telling me how he got his RRLs from melrose in LA, they looked awesome

9. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I see. To me it sounded like you were describing just about all the resellers who were trying to make a profit.
    I've never sold anything on ebay and don't intend to but it really seems like a royal PITA.

Honestly, for some of them though (BluePresent) it almost seems like mental illness.

10. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Senior member

I always get pissed when I see something on ebay that is overpriced. I know they paid 20 dollars for jeans and are selling them for 275.

My recent adventure of proxying has calmed my nerves. I think I spent 2 full days answering questions about anything measuring , packaging, weighing, arranging shipments. willing to work with people, etc

It takes time to send the correct package to the person.

My whole thing is just because you have an over-inflated MSRP (500) and then the reseller lists it for 375 knowing damn well they only paid 50 dolllars.

From what I understand, they are going to keep the icon stuff and slowly do away with their collections as they want to focus on the suits

11. osadolor619

osadolor619 Senior member

Wow. Is that language really necessary?

12. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Does he even sell more than 50 items per month? I mean, his feedback is over 8000, I wonder if he sell anything...

13. stevent

stevent Senior member

83 feedbacks in the last month. At the margins he/she is getting that probably pays for their entire stock. :crazy:

14. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Hey, what? Really?! It will be a shame if the collections go away.

15. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member