The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. otc

otc Senior member

How is the sizing on henleys?

I look at measurements on ebay and they are all over the board...I can't tell how much of this is seasonal/model variation and how much of it is that different sellers are just wildly different at measuring (especially since it is not a rigid material).

for reference, I'm wearing a Medium lands end tailored fit polo right now since they are pretty close to what I want. Dress shirts are usually something like a BB 15.5 slim or 16 extra slim or a 16 RL custom fit.

I would think I should go M for the henley (I have recently been preferring M t-shirts to my vast stack of L t-shirts) but some of the measurments make me think L is right.

2. osadolor619

osadolor619 Senior member

They henleys also fit TTS, they're very comfortable and form fitting. If you want a looser fit then size up one but they fit very well.

3. stickshift

stickshift Senior member

get a medium

4. ffatt

ffatt Senior member

So, are you re-ordering them? Was this the stuff ordered on Monday?

5. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

already stated, but yeah go true to size. i have 2 RRL henleys in my B&S, both size medium, if you want to see sizing.

6. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Anyone been to Woodbury Commons recently?

7. surfingmonkey815

surfingmonkey815 Active Member

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

9. burningbright

burningbright Senior member

SM, this is my first pair of RRL pants, but I normally hover in the 33-36 range for EG, WWM, Samurai, Flat Head, etc.

I also grabbed these off of Silvio through a pp invoice for another amazing price (different ebay listing shown here; can't find the original):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/31034982555...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Unrelated to RRL but in the same tweed pants vein, I grabbed these from Orvis:

Featherweight Harris Tweed Five-Pocket Pants

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These make the Holiday Lodge tweed pants look (and feel) like summer trousers. Due to the high rise, wide leg and overall thickness of the tweed they'll need some serious tailoring through the crotch and legs, but I'm looking forward to taking these earthy-looking monsters out into a Chicago winter. Made in the U.S. of A too.

I'll see if I can get a pic of the Holiday Lodge trousers and the Orchard St. canvas bucklebacks this week, though be warned: the 15 lbs of weight that I had shed over spring and summer has returned seeking revenge in the form of a pregnant wife's eclectic (and unhealthy) cravings that, as a sign of solidarity, I have found myself partaking in. :embar:

So if anybody here can point me toward the RRL Obese Breadbasket collection, I'll just add to my cart the $300 girdle I'm sure they make (in China of authentic whale bone and sheep sinew, of course) and be done with it.

I miss the metabolism of my twenties. :violin:

10. surfingmonkey815

[/quote]
    I miss the metabolism of my twenties. :violin:
    [/quote]

Take up swimming or surfing (or maybe both) and you wont be able to keep enough weight on to keep you warm this winter. :D

Does anyone have any experience with the quality of cashmere in the sweaters? I found a simple v-neck I'm digging but not sure what kind of hand it has compared to other sweater wardrobe staples like Our Legacy or Marc Jacobs. Thanks in advance

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

[​IMG] My fave deputy

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ slim rigids
    Grand canyon hunting jacket
    RRL belt
    WWM shirt
    Duckie brown Ravello lws

13. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

My Girlfriends brother did exactly the same thing. He put on 25lbs during her pregnancy. She has now lost it all and he's still a porker.

I have a RRL cashmere v-neck. Made in China. Worn it a few times now and while it feels incredibly soft and luxurious, there are small signs of it pilling - nothing huge though. I would have thought that the RRL made in Italy cashmere might be a little better in quality? It was a fantastic buy for the price though (from eBay).

Oh, and I caved in and bought the Oilcloth Hunting Jacket... so f-ing sweet. Has some awesome details like arm vents, chin/neck strap, detachable hood and embossed poppers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

nice pickup! i've seen that jacket in person and it is amazing.

15. surfingmonkey815

thanks Hoit, guess I have no excuse not to buy it now and give it a try, will give my 5cents when it arrives, so practical when the October average is shaping up to be 80 degrees :dozingoff: global warming is messing with my two favorite seasons of clothing :confused: