1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

Not RRL related directly, but I stopped in Bobby From Boston today and found out their 5000 sq foot warehouse is literally around the corner from my apartment and open to the public on appointment

2. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

Vegas gets shit tons of stuffs. When the time's is right, 3 full racks of RRLs.

3. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

I am contemplating between a Dior raw and RRL Slim raws(not the one wash). I really dont get all the hype over Diors. Seems to be overrated unless it is the fit that is causing the hype and not to mention, the price. Looking for a pair sized 29 in RRL Slims..

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  4. clemente21

clemente21 Senior member

I got a similar Julian pair that has a vibram sole with a cat's paw heel. I'm not sure what the actual Reville pair has

5. clemente21

clemente21 Senior member

Just got my pair of Varicks. Are you guys using regular shoe trees in them? Is it worth getting boot trees?

6. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

I think it depends on what type of fit you are going for. The RRL slim fits are slim and tapered but they are no where nearly as slim as other brands popular on this forum. And with the waist being larger than tagged size, I think it works best if you're looking for a slouchier look. If you're looking for tight jeans, they aren't for you.

7. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

I just want to say thanks to kmdsimpson - I got this shirt yesterday and it's awesome. Really good details and very well made. Superb deal for $40!

8. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

I'd really like to get my hands on a size small peacoat, if anyone is interested in selling one or can point me where to look. They appear to be sold out online.

9. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I'm kind of disappointed in a pair of slim raw denim RRL jeans I bought. They look and feel great but I noticed the inner seem has an overlock stitch. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having selvadge in terms of durability?

10. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

[​IMG]

Found this today in her size, had to pick it up.

Selvedge denim western.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  11. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

Thanks. What other popular brands are slimmer? I dont want something so tight that it looks like its painted on or close to that look. As long it is similar to the W+H 5 pocket skinny black MIJs, i am in for it. By the way, do the Rigid Slims stretch like a bitch? I am true 16inches across waistband and i was thinking of getting something around 15inches. Is that too much?

12. nawth21

nawth21 New Member

Is it hard finding the smaller sized items? I snagged a pair of jeans last night and I wear both mens and womens clothing (but I need a rather small size if it's mens). I'm pretty much limited to eBay as I'm nowhere near a retailer, so I'm not sure how plentiful the small sizes are.

13. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

Where you got them and how much were they?

14. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Nice to hear. These are a tremendous value. Glad I could help out!

15. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

After looking in the usual places I can only find this. Its not a classic peacoat and costs $902(!!!) so you might not be particularly interested.

16. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

Yeah, definitely looking for the FW11 classic one - thanks though!

17. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Senior member

That one is pretty sweet though

18. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Used on SF from a reputable seller.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  19. engar

engar Senior member

Someone kopped a pair of Lejeune boots?

20. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

No worries. Another option would be to go for something like this. Its a women's and seems like it might have a slightly smaller collar but if you've got the cojones maybe you could pull it off?

Or, there's always the Polo Academy Wool Pea Coat (currently on sale for $195.99). It could be a good option and they have it in small.