Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. passionblue22

passionblue22 Member

How much did they stretch??

2. zissou

zissou Senior member

Any of you guys currently selling the selvage oxfords in blue or white? I'm usually a M, but it seems these run a little small, so I think I'd need a L.

3. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

4. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

5. passionblue22

passionblue22 Member

Can anyone tell me what the official true waist measurement of these low straights would be, based on these pics:

http://i.imgur.com/pWyOg.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/dMKoQ.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/33JDz.jpg

They're tagged 32's and they're brand new. The guy who sold them to me said his measurements were 34" laid flat and 35" stretched, but I don't see how he got that because to me it looks like 35 would be pretty conservative. I'm not mad or anything but I'm just wondering, am I doing something wrong? It's a little frustrating because these are slightly too big for me but I don't know if I should buy 31's someone claims are true 33's instead and assume that they're really 34's via my way of measuring, or try to find another pair someone claims are 34's and hope that measurement agrees with what I would be getting. I don't want to accumulate a collection of $100+ jeans that don't fit me.

Thanks a lot to anyone who can help me.

6. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

This is how most people here measure. You will see it referred to as the "BiG" method, named after the store, Blue in Green. http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid= Your first photo is the "correct" way (you will also hear this referred to as "waist aligned"). Your third photo has the pants arranged the right way, but the tape measure is off. A lot of people here also request that the seller measure in this specific manner.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011

7. passionblue22

passionblue22 Member

Thanks for this! So would you say that the correct waist measurement for these would be around 35.5"??

8. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

36"? Judging by the first photo. Also keep in mind that these are low rise, so they sit lower on your hips, which is likely a bit wider than at your waist.

9. passionblue22

passionblue22 Member

Alright, so if these were just slightly too loose on me (before even getting a chance to stretch), should I be looking for some with a true waist of around 34-34.5 inches to account for stretch?

10. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

ya if these are loose now, they'll get even looser with some wear. low straights u can even try down sizing 1 size if your thigh can take 1 size down. the only problem i got with low straights are that the thighs are pretty tight when i down sizing.

11. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Old or new? New ones (what Blake carries) seem to run a size bigger than the old ones.

12. passionblue22

passionblue22 Member

I'm not sure. The tag says Lot 390, Stock 31, but that's all I know. That and the fact that they're marked 32 but actually have almost a 36-inch waist.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011

13. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Hrm? I was talking about their oxford shirts. For the low straights they do stretch out (I've seen some mention 1.5-2 inches in the waist) so if your thighs can handle it then size down. Or you could wear a good belt.

14. passionblue22

passionblue22 Member

Oh my bad. Thanks though!

15. zissou

zissou Senior member

Well, whichever size measures about 21.5" in the chest would be ideal. I didn't realize that those oxfords on Blake's blog were RRL I wonder what his retail is...