Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

1. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Maybe a better comparison to the Slim Fit is maybe the N&F Slim Guy with more of a tapered leg. Hearing about how slim the thighs are in the RRL slim fits, I bought a pair of 32x32s in the faded grey wash. The thighs aren't as slim as I like measuring about 12". If anyone wants them PM me. Otherwise I will probably keep them.

A size 31 would have fit me better. My true waist size (measured at the hips where my jeans sit) is 33. I wear a 31 in N&F for reference.

2. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

I picked up the slim boots because they were like 35 at outlet. I'd probably be a 31 in the raw versions but haven't tried them on so I don't know for sure. the 32s are loose on me and measure like 17 or something IIRC.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

seriously, if you look at the measurements on a slim fit, they aren't that slim. the rise is over 10", the thighs on a size 32 are 12", and the hem is what, 7.75? 7.5 at the slimmest? that's just not that slim of a jean. they' wear less slim than APCs, especially considering front/back rise.

4. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

i like the first one.

5. tv2177

tv2177 Senior member

not trying to pick up a fight but just trying to say how i felt when i tried them on. I guess based on the way u describe, u have wayyyyy more RRL knowledge than I am. :slayer::slayer::slayer:

6. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Not sure what Teger's smoking because the slims are... slim. Not skinny, but slim. Not sure what the front rise has to do with a cut's slimness, but an 8" hem is generally considered to be a slim straight. Less than that and I'm not sure how you couldn't call it slim.

The problem in the past (and correct me if it's still the same today as I haven't tried on a pair in a few seasons) was that the waist was larger in proportion to the thighs. If you sized down too much for the waist, then the fit would be tight through the thighs. You had to learn to live with a looser waist so that the rest of the jeans would fit. I wear my pairs with a bit of an anti fit and I'm happy.

7. shidi

shidi Member

its fine :)

8. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

stopped by the west broadway store yesterday evening... place is all taped up but i took a peek. the renovations look crazy! theres already inventory in store, cant wait for the opening. think its in october.

9. passionblue22

passionblue22 Member

I'm looking for a pair of rinsed or raw low straights with a pre-stretch actual waist size of somewhere between 33 and 34" (tagged 31??) and an inseam of around 32. If anyone has some they're looking to sell/trade or knows where I can find these for a reasonable price, I'd be grateful if you could let me know. I made a WTB classified but didn't get any responses so thought I'd try here.

Thanks a lot.

10. paul_s

paul_s Well-Known Member

11. stu00a

stu00a Senior member

12. paul_s

paul_s Well-Known Member

It says, "New without tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) that is not in original packaging .... " He can always message the seller.

13. passionblue22

passionblue22 Member

14. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

One rinses I picked up from Deez came in today. They fit pretty nicely, and I hope they don't stretch too much. Seeing as they aren't super tight, I think I'll be OK in terms of stretching. Wonder how badly these will bleed relative to raws?

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I haven't noticed any bleeding from my pair

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011